Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists not appearing on different devices

Solved!

Playlists not appearing on different devices

Hi,

I'm having an issue with playlists I create on one device not appearing on others. I created a playlist on my work desktop last week and it doesn't appear on my home desktop or iPhone. Similarly, I created one on my Home desktop at the weekend and it won't appear on my iPhone or work desktop. Changes I make to existing playlists are being picked up on all devices, but any of the new ones I create only appear on the original device.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Cartman314

This is definitely very strange. Could you Private Message me with your account email address? I'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!
are you sure that your offline mode is turned off after you create a playlist? when it is offline it should sync automatically with the spotify server and then when you log on other devices it updates also automatically your playlists

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hi,

I haven't turned Offline mode On on either of the desktops. I've tried logging out and in and re-installing but they're still not showing up.

Really really strange. Never heard about this problem. Can you please go here -> http://spoti.fi/1fEQyva
and check if the playlist your are missing is there?

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

No, neither of the lists appear there.

I have read now about five posts about missing playlists. 

A user was saying that his account have been duplicated by accident when he tried to log in through facebook. But all of his playlists disappeared, not only one. I think you are the first one with this problem. I am really sorry but i have no idea what is wrong. You did everything correctly with the reinstallation and logging of and in again. 

I'll lead this now directly to a spotify Moderator, sorry that i couldn't help you and thanks in advance for your patience. The moderators will answer you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Thanks for your help. Its a weird one all right. I added a playlist through my iPhone there but it won't appear on my desktop.

I could see the playlist I created on my Desktop on my Recently Played...but it didn't appear in the playlists on my phone...

Marked as solution

Hey @Cartman314

This is definitely very strange. Could you Private Message me with your account email address? I'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks!

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem. Playlist can't be synced between my Android, IOS and 2 desktops.

After contacting the support via Twitter, the solution for me was deconnecting, login with a another accont (guest account) on a device, then deconnect again, and finally connect with your normal account.

This solved my problem. Hope this help.

Seems it's related to a server caching issue.

Regards, Dom

Hi,

Issue still occurring. When you say you disconnected, was it on all devices, then login on a new one? I tried logging in guest accounts on my two computers but it still didn't sync the playlists.

Regards,

Keith

Same thing happening to me

Me and other people I know also have this problem.

Please fix! It's annoying to have different playlists on different devices 😞

same thing has happpened to me

Suggested posts