Playlists not syncing between devices

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Playlists not syncing between devices

Regular

Okay.  So before I saw your post, I went to Setting on my phone.  The "Offline Mode" tab (white circle) was positioned left.  I tapped it.  The green bg showed behind it. I tapped it back.  The green disappeared.  I went to my playlists, and there was the new one.

So when the green is showing behind the white circle, does that signify that the option is "on" or "off?"  Or in this case, when there is NO green, am I on or offline? (I told you I'm a newbie!)

Highlighted

Community Legend

@Rowlandville 

When then green is showing, the option is turned on.

Highlighted

Regular

That's what I thought.  So everything synced up when I tapped "Offline Mode."  That doesn't really make sense, does it?

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hmmm... the only thing I can think of why this might have happened:

there was a problem with the connection, and by turning on offline mode, and then turning it back off, it made the app refresh the connection to Spotify and then it worked. 

Highlighted

Geez!! i can't believe it but this actually worked beautifully!! thanks! but the remedy is so bizarre and makes NO sense!
Highlighted

Anyone got any other suggestion  ??? For me if i create a list on my pc it dsn't show up on my phone. I create a list on my android phone and it dsnät update any list on my desktop. Yes i have reinstalled the App and cleared al cache and done rly everything i can think of... this is truuuly annoying

Highlighted

When I save tracks to my starred playlist on my iPad and iPhone they dont show up on my computer??????

Please help me........ 🙂

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular
Posting for people currently having this issue!
You simply need to go to settings>playback>offline.
In both the phone and desktop switch to "offline mode" for a good 5 to 10 minutes, then switch back to "online" and it should sync them up!
you may need to close each app, but no reinstalling with this solution 👍

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I know it's been years but some migh still end up here trying to solve that problem - so this is how I ACTUALLY FIXED THIS.

DETAILS: 

I have an iMac in which I've made some playlists and playlist folders in my Spotify client there. It was working well and I could play them fine on my cellphone, I even downloaded them - that was my purpose in getting Premium. However, when I got to my PC notebook, the playlists weren't there on the Spotify client anymore. I looked for solutions, found this message board... and then suddenly I figured something out by myself.

SOLUTION:

Since my cellphone had the Spotify app perfectly synced with my iMac's Spotify client playlists, I opened Spotify on the PC and then also at the cellphone simultaneously. My phone detected Spotify was also opened on a computer and I chose one of the playlists I had made on the iMac, via the cellphone app. This makes the computer play what's on the phone app - and then, suddenly, my playlists and playlist folders showed up in the computer just as they where in the Spotify app!

That is:

- Make sure you've synced your Spotify phone app with the computer in which the playlists were made.

- Open the Spotify client on another computer.

- Then, use your Spotify phone app to remotely play a playlist on this other computer.

- The other computer will play the chosen song and also recognize all playlists from the phone app.

- Problem solved! Worked for me.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It doesnt give me a button to click offline

SUGGESTED POSTS