Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists wont load - stuck on loading

Playlists wont load - stuck on loading

Recently started up spotify after being on a month long trip - custom made playlists are stuck on "Loading..." and do not appear. 

Playlist shows up on mobile (iOS). 

Running newest update to spotify 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589. 

Any ideas?  Wait it out? Seems like in the past this has been a mixture of server issues and local desktop issues.  Thanks for the help. 

19 Replies

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter, but unfortunately my playlists in the desktop version simply do not show any songs whatsoever.  I can't select songs to copy them over - they just don't show up at all. 

In the left toolbar, the playlist shows as "Loading..." and when you click on the playlist, no songs appear.

Again, I can see the playlist fine on the mobile platform.

Any other hints?

Thanks!

Strange!

What operating system are you using? 

Peter

Peter

I'm having this same issue. I created a folder, placed a few playlists into the folder, and now one of them won't load. It won't load on my mobile devices either.

I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5, maybe the OP is the same?

Spotify desktop version 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

This started a couple days ago.

Same problem trying to download larger playlists from Windows system to an iPod Touch. Limit seems smaller than 331 as one of my playlists only has 262 tracks.

Hi guys,

We wanted to let you know we're aware of this issue. We're looking into it and we hope to have an update shortly. Hang in there.

Any update on this issue? I'm cautiously holding on to my "stuck" playlist hoping it will eventually load. Nothing yet, is it gone?

@cdubbaya wrote:

Any update on this issue? I'm cautiously holding on to my "stuck" playlist hoping it will eventually load. Nothing yet, is it gone?

What version of Spotify are you using at the moment? We think 0.9.1 should fix this, but it's not rolled out to everyone at the moment. If you're not on 0.9.1 yet, if you see a "restart to upgrade" message, click it. But don't reinstall Spotify entirely.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Adam, 

I have 0.9.0.133 but do not see an upgrade message yet. Maybe it's on it's way?

It should be on its way "soon" but the rollouts are appear random at the best of times! 

Fingers crossed it is soon for you!

Peter

Peter

I had the same problem and had to split my playlists to load them. However the problem is now resolved and playlists of 400+ tracks will load. I hadn't spotted the connection between the new version of Spotify & the fix to the problem but as I have version 0.9.1.53, I assume that versin did fix it.

I just got the update to version 0.9.1.53. My playlist still won't load. I'm not sure what you meant by "splitting my playlist".

@cdubbaya wrote:

I just got the update to version 0.9.1.53. My playlist still won't load. I'm not sure what you meant by "splitting my playlist".

Can you view those playlists on any of your devices? 

Peter

Peter

No, my phone and iPad also say Loading...

I just started using Spotify yesterday and am having the same problem. I have one playlist with only one song in and and another with 6; when I click playlist it shows the songs in the playlist but not the actualy name of the playlist, that section is stuck on 'loading' and then eventually says playlist failed to load try again. I have noticed that this only happens when I connect with Spotify through my browser (chrome on windows 8.1) and not when i use the direct link to spotify that you get when you first download. Very frustrating.

Just to clarify the desktop version seems to be working fine. Only connecting through the browser has several problems none of the feature seem to work now that I have played with it a little more.

You chose a bad day to join. There are some ongoing server issues at the moment which are affecting various features. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Recopying the "Loading" playlist into a new playlist from the desktop in smaller batches (under 100 songs) worked for me. The new list appeared immédiately on my Android phone, and as I added more and more tracks (currently 544), it updated itself properly. I then renamed he New Playlist with the old name, deleted the old playlist which was stuck on Loading and all is now well.

I am using Linux Mint 17.3. It has been awhile since I last used the desktop version. It loads the friends list but no music. It just has the spinning wheel and a Link Not Found.

Suggested posts