Premium

Country

Iceland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus & PC

Operating System

Android Oreo & Windows 7

My Question or Issue

The shuffle functionality has been broken for me for a very long time and I have gone through countless updates, both on my PC and my phone, but it's always the same. It doesn't matter if I'm playing a small playlist or a large one as long as I have at least 2 songs by the same artist, then when I start playing the playlist and I have shuffle on then those 2 songs are usually placed one after the other, not always but it's so common that I always check the queue to see if I have to reshuffle or move any songs manually to fix it. And the more songs the playlist has by the same artist the bigger the chances are of this happening. I contacted Spotify regarding this issue the other day but they did not really listen to me as I only got some standard reply about how sorry they are that I'm unhappy with changes in the recent update.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug with the shuffle functionality or am I the only one? Is there any hope that this will be fixed anytime soon?

1 Reply

Hey @NoFunction, and welcome to the commmunity.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. This isn't just you, and Spotify is taking a look into it. You can check here for more info and any updates will also be on that page.

I hope this helps! In the meantime, if you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts