Plugging headphones in while using the desktop app skips the current song or crashes it

Highlighted

Plugging headphones in while using the desktop app skips the current song or crashes it

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the last couple of weeks every time I have the Spotify desktop app playing a song and I plug in my headphones, one of 3 things happens (ordered them based on the frequency the bugs happen):

A) The next song in the playlist starts playing (as if I pressed the "next" button)

B) The songs start skipping continuously (as if I was spamming the "next" button) and there is no way to stop it unless closing the entire app

C) The app completely crashes and I have to restart it

I am fairly sure that if there is a way to fix issue A it will fix the rest too but I have been unable to find a solution for the good part of a week now. I reckon this is due to a recent update as I did not have these issues at all until about 2 weeks ago as mentioned. I also use the mobile app if this matters at all.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Plugging headphones in while using the desktop app skips the current song or crashes it

Regular

I am also experiencing the exact same thing. It’s really annoying. Any help is appreciated 

Highlighted

Re: Plugging headphones in while using the desktop app skips the current song or crashes it

Regular

Me too. What a seriously frustrating bug.

SUGGESTED POSTS