Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Video Data Usage

Podcast Video Data Usage

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

One JRE podcast has used approximately up to 10-12.5 GB of data in 3 hours after streaming a single episode from the desktop app. This is quite excessive. Why is there not an option to disable video playback?

I can download the same video from YouTube at approximately 4.29 GB, or a compressed audio only track for 150 MB. In the meantime, I guess that's the best option until Spotify users are provided customisation options to suit their constraints?

2 Replies

Hey there @Pička,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this in the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams and our developers will take it into consideration when moving forward with updating the app.

It looks like other people feel the same way and there's already an idea for an option to disable videos in podcasts here - it's well worth giving it a vote to show your support.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Any change? It’s taking more than a half year to make a off button. 
It is very strange that you require people to load video with a podcast and then also of this extremely large size.

Suggested posts