Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast will not show as played.

Podcast will not show as played.

Plan:  Premium

Device: Dell Laptop

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

I like to filter my Podcasts out by 'Unplayed Episodes'.  For the last few weeks, played episodes are still showing in my queue.   When I go back to the episodes and let them play to the end, the green status indicator automatically backs up around two minutes, making it think it is still unfinished.   I have tried moving the green bar manually and it still backs up after the podcast is done.  There are no other options for me to mark these episodes as played.  You can see in the second image that the episode is 42:30, but it shows as played in the status bar at 41:20.  If I try to drag that bar over to finish the episode it automatically reverts to 41:20.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
13 Replies

I'm having the same problem and so does a guy I work with. I hope to hear a solution soon. Tired of having to search through finished episodes even though I have them sorted by unplayed.

I don't know if you still have this problem but I opened the web player version and finished out the remaining ones still being shown as unplayed and that corrected the issue in the app for me.

Thanks for the tip.  This worked and cleared out the played ones in my app.  

I'm having the same issue.  It's for OSX app and web app.  Android app is fine.

After a long chat with Spotify support, they told me it was my computer to blame (which is new 2019 and fully updated).  I find this really hard to believe.

I tried the suggested technique above by using the web player, but I didn't work for me.  I have hundreds of unread podcasts I've listened to.

Hey there @cable3636

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In case the advice @1naturalace gave didn't solve the issue for you, we suggest as a next step you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. This step will remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

With support I did a completely clean install, even used their demo account
and it still happened. I'm running a 2019 macbook fully updated with fully
updated spotify.

This is still happening to me. Really frustrating.

Still happening here as well - I've double checked that I have a fully updated system (I do), have installed, reinstalled, restarted, gone through on my phone and marked Podcasts as "read" that previously weren't. No change. 

Thanks for sharing! We need more people to share this issue so Spotify will address it!

Same thing here. On both my Windows 10 and Windows 7 machine.  The podcasts I follow show which has been played on my iOS device but not on the desktop version of the app which is very annoying as I have to look at my phone to figure out what was the most recent pod that I listened to.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the feedback - We appreciate it!

We understand where you're coming from and it looks like other people feel the same way. There is an existing idea which suggests syncing progress of podcast episodes between mobile and desktop devices - feel free to add your +VOTE to it here to show your support.

You may also consider up-voting this idea, that would allow you to mark podcast episodes as played on desktop devices.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is sooooooo frustrating.

If you follow a lot of podcasts and try to keep up and listen a lot you can't.

I have anxiety now to pause an episode before the end in order NOT to be marked as not completed.

You got Joe organ people for his podcast.
FIX that damn thing!!!!!!

Still an issue. I let an episode play to completion, it autoplays the next episode but won't mark the previous one as played. Very annoying to keep track of what is finished or actually just half-finished.

Suggested posts