Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts new episodes not showing/not refreshing

Podcasts new episodes not showing/not refreshing

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech republic

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

I've been having this problem for several months now. I thought some of the updates fill fix it but it's still happening to me, so I'm looking for the answers here.

What is this issue about? I listen to many podcasts and I'm aware when the new episodes are released. Spotify actually notifies me about the new episodes, I can see a notification about them but when I go to the show's page or to New Episodes page, there are just the old ones - no new episodes available. 
When I see the new episode of some podcasts at What's New page and I click on it, it will open an episode older (the latest available for me) rather than the new episode displayed at What's New page. It's hard to explain but the behaviour is really irritating. 

So when I check the desktop app, or the web browser, the new episodes are available there but it looks like it's not refreshed at my phone. Nothing works to fix it. I have even tried to wait for couple of days, but it didn't refresh it. So the podcasts are basically stuck. Only thing which works is to delete the app and install it again, but that means all my downloaded music is lost and I need to re-download it. And it keeps happening on by-weekly term. 

It looks like the refresh of the new episodes stuck at the half way and it's unable to finish it's job. 

(In the pictures below you can see what I am talking about. What's New shows notification about new episodes. When I open the show's page or the New Episodes, those episodes aren't there, like they don't exist.)

PS sorry: those are Czech podcasts, I've finished all my english shows that day 😄 

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 21.36.23.png
Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 21.36.34.png
Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 21.36.40.png
17 Replies

Hi there @Puski,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for the help, Jeremy!
I followed the steps you provided, so let's wait what will happen. I will give it few days, maybe weeks and I'll let you know if the issue remain or not. 🙂

Hi again @Puski,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Absolutely! Just keep us posted and we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

New episode of I HEAR YOU is not publishing why ?

There should be new episodes of the Ben Shipiro Podcast and the Breaking points podcast with Krystal and Saagur. Both podcasts release on youtube and spotify around the same time. This morning there are new episodes of both, but neither of them are listed in spotify.

Windows 11. Find the Seetings/Apps/Installed Apps/Spotify click the 3 dots and go to advanced setting and hit the Reset option. Then Sign back in

Hi. 

I use Spotify in Kenya as a premium customer.

For the past two weeks I haven't had any podcast updates, and I know there are new episode as I subscribe to the same channels on YouTube.

I've done a clean re-install multiple times, and even spoke to someone via your chat. A human. Not a bot.

They said yes, there is a problem and it's being 'worked on'.

It's pretty frustrating TBH as I just switched from Deezer finally... Which has its own issues granted.

Please can you help? 

Hello,

I have been having not been getting updates on my podcasts since the 1st of January, 2023. Higher learning podcast and mailing it has been stuck on their last episode in December 2022. I have tried deleting my cache, deleted my app and reinstalled it even offloaded the app on my phone still no positive result. What do I do? I only subscribe to Spotify to enjoy my podcasts.

Anyone from Spotify want to weigh in here...?

Not much point paying for a service I can't use

I deleted the app and redownloaded it, and it worked just fine after, all new episodes uploaded

This works but it’s insane that you have to uninstall and redown load the entire app just so your podcast will show up.   Clearly Spotify has some

issues with this but not addressing it or even acknowledging that it is an issue.  

I say this because I have had to delete and redownload the app multiple times.  Clearly the app as an issue that needs to be resolved.  

Yo, "did you try to plug it off and on" is not a solution, it's a workaround and a bad design.
Was the bug ticket created in your backlog? When can we expect a proper fix?

It's like literally 10 words of communication.

BTW, issue is present on Android devices as well -- Pixel 7 pro here, Android 13,Spotify app v8.8.8.548

On both Widnows 11 and Android 13, my podcasts are not updating today. 

The podcasts that I’ve been watching has not been showing the episodes the day that it is posted it is coming up the next day. This is a recent occurrence and happening to all of the podcasts I follow. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the app but that did nothing.

Hey there,

Thanks for joining the thread 🙂 
Could you please take a look if removing your cached data as shown here would make any difference?
If it doesn't we can try triggering a manual sync between your app and Spotify. To do so, log out and then log back into the app twice in a row.

Let us know if anything makes a difference!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Vasil, 

They have been updating now. It seemed like maybe it was just an issue for that particular day that podcasts were not syncing into Spotify at all. It could not have been a cache issue, as this was happening across desktop, iPhone, Android, AND Webplayer. 

Suggested posts