Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts keep skipping ahead - A podcast only only plays for a couple minutes before skipping ahead

Podcasts keep skipping ahead - A podcast only only plays for a couple minutes before skipping ahead

Plan

Premium

Country - United States

Device

(HP Elitebook)

Operating System

(Windows 10 Pro)

My Question or Issue

I'm using the Spotify app on my PC and podcasts only play for a couple minutes before going to the next one in chronological order.

5 Replies

Hey there @JohnP4,

thanks for posting in the community !

Before i recommend other actions, have you tried listening to podcasts on other devices and experienced the same thing ?

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi,

Yes I just checked and it is happening on my phone as well.  It also skips to other random things that aren't podcasts and aren't even in my library.  Also, it plays even though I've paused the app.  It plays on its own.  This is for the PC and my phone.

Hi,

A couple weeks later this is still an issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and it didn't help at all. Please help.

2021 and this is still an issue. Fix your sh*t Spotify, you're not the only place to listen to podcasts. Why am I paying for a premium service and getting minimum quality??

Hey @Kellerrrrr,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

If that doesn't fix things, could you also let us know if this happens on other devices as well? Please include the make, model, OS version and Spotify version for any that experience this behavior. It would also help us troubleshoot this if you check if the podcasts skip on out web player.

@JohnP4 apologies for the delayed response, we've just come across this thread. Did the issue get resolver for you?

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts