Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor sound quality (washed out)

Poor sound quality (washed out)

Good afternoon!

Recently I've noticed that my spotify playback through my Lenovo Yogapad laptop (Windows 10) played through my hifi system is playing back with a sort of "washed out" sound- plenty of bass but treble and vocals are quiet and tinny. I have tried to amend on spofiy which does not let you alter sound settings. I dont have a manual equalizer on my laptop (as far as I know). However, when I listen to spotify through my phone or bbc radio player through my laptop and speakers, there is an audible difference in sound quality. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies

Hey @cmbarnes32

There are a few things you can try out:

in the Spotify app, try disabling 'same volume level for all tracks' and 'hardware acceleration'.

in Windows, find your Sounds settings (search for 'Sound'), and make sure the sound enhancements are disabled, and under Communications, set Windows to do nothing.

If it's still doing it, I'd recommend reinstalling Spotify:

Uninstall it, then go to %appdata%, delete any Spotify folders in Local and Roaming, restart your computer and then install Spotify again.

Is Youtube and your local media players sounding normal?
Check the settings on your hifi system as well and the cable connection (may sound weird too when broken).

Could you also try out the web player of Spotify (open.spotify.com) and see if it sounds like that there too?

Looking forward to your reply... 🙂

Happy new year!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

worked out really well, thank you

Suggested posts