Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor sound quality

Poor sound quality

Premium family

USA

HP PC

Win 10

1.1.16.522.g55a4b852 (Microsoft Store version)

In the past three days the sound quality has gotten odd. Most of the mix is okay except the lead. Lead being either the vocals or an instrumental lead. It sounds like a very bad front of house mix with the lead turned down and a bunch of reverb added. Very strange. Streaming quality is "very high". Normalize is on, but off doesn't change it, Volume level; normal.

2 Replies

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues, are you having this problem only on Spotify or other music services such as YouTube? Sometimes changing the default music player to your headphones and then back to your laptop (or vice versa) on your PC can be helpful.

Also, f you haven't tried it already, I think doing a clean uninstall might help!

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Thanks for the response, I'll give it a try. Since it's my PC at work, it'll have to wait until Monday.

Suggested posts