Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Potentially issue with Spotify in relation to Outlook unresponsive

Potentially issue with Spotify in relation to Outlook unresponsive

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Toshiba Kira notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

We have this issue with this machine where Outlook 2016 is keeping unresponsive perhaps twice a day while running the Spotify (playing the music). 

This is the only machine within our company network that has a Spotify installed. So we tried to simulate this issue on other device and we installed Spotify on a new machine with the same configuration. Lucky enough this issue appearing on the new machine while running the Spotify (playing the music). So we are paying more attention now on Spotify.  

What we did so far:

1. Uninstall the Spotify Windows desktop app, and install the Spotify Windows Store app version. >>> The result: it happened again. Unresponsive on Outlook.

2. We found setting in the Spotify for hardware acceleration. >>> We are waiting for the result.

The last option will be uninstalled the Spotify to see make a difference.

Anyone having the same issue? Any input will be great. 

Thanks

1 Reply

Hey @dcsupport

Can you try of the same issue happens with the web player? 🙂

As I understand correctly, Outlook is not unresponsive all the time Spotify is running, but only twice a day?

It could be that Spotify and Outlook might be using the same (TCP) port.
You can also take a look at ongoing processes in Resource Monitor or Process Explorer.

Event Viewer might have something in its logs too that might explain what happens.

Let me know what you find. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts