Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

Solved!

Re: Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

norsende

Spotify is crackling like crazy recently, but almost nothing in Winamp, games or streams. My soundcard is a Soundblaster Z, using Windows 10.

Tried reinstalling Spotify, Audio drivers, graphics drivers, network drivers, putting min. CPU state to 100%, listening with headphones instead of speakers, updating BIOS to the latest version, disabling Bluetooth. Nothing helped. Restarting the PC the problem always goes away for a while but then returns, every single time.

knumag

Tidal is the solution. Had this crackling sound, startet playing a song in Tidal, and then it worked in Spotify again. But shows up, NEVER had this issue with Tidal. Good job spotify! And thanks for making is SOOOO easy to move playlists from Tidal. wth??Thought about changing to spotify, but NOT happening. Better quality in Tidal and never any crackling sound

manueltamayo1
Casual Listener

Just changed to premium a week ago, and the crackling noise happens on windows and android as well.

I tried headphones and earphones to see if it was a headphone problem and not, it happens with both of them.

Only happens in spotify, and not in youtube or winamp. Very easy to hear from 0:38 on this song. Also worth mentioning, it only happens in a few songs, not all of them, and always at the same moments.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2rgtCOVK2tpfao2VjURn84?si=oHODzrcySGurMTSVIIbXgg

Any solution?

SadE54
Regular

Yeah , it started a few weeks ago.  

When I'm starting to listen , it's working well for a few minutes , and after that it starts to crackle. If I pause and launching again , it crackes immediatly. 

BUT, If I pause, wait a minute, and starting again , the crackling appears later. It feels like a bad management of stream buffering. 

If it's not corrected in a few week , i 'll take a look elsewhere...

flank

i had spotifi for half a year, (premium) recently started sound cracking / shuttering, only in windows app, i tried everithing, creative x-fi titanium..., well, if they dont fix it, i will put my money elsewhere ... tired of this s....

AESkwhirl

I have the Focusrite 2i2, and have the stuttering. No stuttering ANYWHERE ELSE, only in spotify. Super annoying, as I beleive it is a Spotify issue. I am in pro audio, and like I say, everything is fine except Spotify.

ellismg
Casual Listener
Just try moving the Sonos bridge further away from other electronic devices e.g. the router. This solved my problem which was hugely annoying. Martin

w-s8ls_kf3lt

Hey all,

I have tried every solution in this thread (that I -could- try without jeopardizing my machine), and none of it has worked... but I -have- been able to duplicate the problem outside of Spotify, which I think might help to clue us in to the problem.

I have an Inspiron AIO 3275, straight out of the box a few days ago with Windows 10 installed, and immediately started noticing this scratchy-skippy sound issue on Spotify, but couldn't duplicate it on YouTube, so I assumed it was something with Spotify itself.  Now I -can- duplicate it outside of Spotify, but only occasionally.  When I right-click on the sound icon in the lower-right icon tray, and select "Sounds", it takes me to a menu where I can change the sound themes.  If Spotify is working okay, then these sounds work okay.  But when Spotify begins skip-scratching, it happens with these sound snippets as well!

This makes me think that it might be an issue with a driver somewhere... but I've tried updating the sound drivers as mentioned in previous replies, but that hasn't made a difference.  Assuming I followed the directions correctly.

Anyway, thought this information might help us all troubleshoot this.  If anyone else can duplicate the skip-scratch outside of Spotify as I have, even better.

Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg

td8-n_mznf34h
Regular

Yup, same card, same issue.

C'mon Spotify

SadE54
Regular

Guys , try to play music using Web spotify . I'm pretty sure it will work well.

It's not driver related if it's the case but Desktop app. For me with exactly the same computer it worked well for years and after an update it started to crackling...

SUGGESTED POSTS