Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

forid9

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I was having the same problem. It was driving me absolutely nuts!

I tried updating drivers, changing cables, speakers, amp etc nothing fixed my audio crackles. What ended up being the culprit was Avast! AntiVirus, it seems the firewall component of that scans everything, even HTTPS traffic coming and going from Spotify. Not to say that it is a bad thing, it means you are getting complete protection, and viruses can't just creep in using HTTPS. To fix my audio crackles, all I had to do was exclude Spotify from the firewall, and now I have no crackles. I guess Avast was scanning traffic going in and out from Spotify causing those little lags / stutters.

I hope this helps someone. I'm sure there's plenty more users using Avast + Spotify and having similar problems.

Forid

manupkp
Casual Listener

Ugraded to Premium after years and years of loyal use of the once cheaper no ads -option. The result: crackling, stuttering sound, really irritating. Windows 10.

Uninstalling didn't work, clearing cache didn't work, hardware acceleration off had no effect, sound quality no effect. Even stuff that sits on my hard drive played through Spotify stutter and crackle.

This >< close to cancelling my Premium.

chrislounsbury
Music Fan

I solved mine by un-installing, cancelling my subscription, and using Apple Music instead.

Problem solved.

Kotter

some songs on Spotify Premium running on Windows 10 has cracking. the same songs are fine on Youtube.

SuperMe

I have the same issue. The suggested fixes have not resolved it for me. Moving the mouse stops the problem so it might be something to do with power settings / CPU throttling?

jairosk8
Music Fan

Nope.. didn't solve it. 

jairosk8
Music Fan

Is anyone still experiencing this in the 2017 - Premium account Spotify version 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec - Windows 8 

I tried everything: 

• Proxy OFF
  • Reinstall
  • I bought a USB audio card (issue still persist)

nissen1502

It helped to turn off windows firewall completely for me.

Cylac
Gig Goer

I had this problem YEARS ago and pretty much gave up on Spotify.. now for kicks I tried Spotify again and the SAME thing still happens... and this is with another computer... this stuttering, delay, echo is so annoying.. I'm gonna stick with Apple Music.. never had any issues with them... yet

Solution! 2 people liked this

DJ1111
Casual Listener

Ok I fixed the problem and I have to say I am kinda embarresed to say what it is guys.

You all ready for this. Its really this easy. I have spent a ton of money and I have been so pissed off about it and now to find out what it is im just even more pissed. It is the bluetooth headphones. Everyone go get your other set of plug in headphones and turn off the bluetooth headset and go back to your plug in headphones and guess what no more skipping and choppy **bleep** to deal with. Thank god I have to say I am over wireless **bleep** not working right and causing this much **bleep** all the time. Trust me guys its the wireless headphones and bluetooth. Happy music with no more skipping , thank god

cheers guys.!!

SUGGESTED POSTS