Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

Solved!

Re: Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

pcleo1794

I don't have premium, and my Spotify sound this week has been obnoxious.  It's very jarring when there are crackles in the middle of a song. Nothing has changed with my computer or my internet usage. 

It makes me never want to upgrade.  Why would people want to upgrade to a product that probably won't be better? Your situation is a great example of that.

chrislounsbury
Music Fan

Spotify peoples: Any other ideas on this one?

bigbear
Casual Listener

Just wanted to say I have been having this problem on my Dell Latitude E6250. Never happened on my old laptop, which actually had a weaker sound card. Have tried pretty much everything to fix the crackling, but nothing works.

chrislounsbury
Music Fan

The problem is still occuring for me.  Although I saw there may have been an application update today but haven't had a chance to install it yet.  

David
Spotify Legend
You might want to try the recommendations suggested in this thread - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Volume-problems-Here-s-my-solution/m-p/119406/highli...

This might stop this crackling for you!
Airhorn Enthusiast

chrislounsbury
Music Fan

@David wrote:
You might want to try the recommendations suggested in this thread - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Volume-problems-Here-s-my-solution/m-p/119406/highli...

This might stop this crackling for you!

David, good tip but I tried this already.  In fact I tried it on both my internal soundcard and my external DAC, and it didn't make a difference.  

bigbear
Casual Listener

Thanks for the tip David, but I don't have "Enable audio enhancements" or the "Signal enhancements" box. I'm using Windows 7. All audio enhancement are disabled, however. It doesn't make a difference to the crackling whether they are set to on or off.

gwertz01
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue here.  The crackling and stuttering almost sounds like digital artifacts.  These can damage you listening equipment as some of the frequcies Except the crackling is extremely loud regardless of the volume spotify is set at.  I am afraid I will damage my hearing or my expensive heaphones.  I am using an external USB DAC and do not have this issue on my laptop, only my Win XP desktop.  I hope they come out with a fix for this as Spotify is truly amazing.

isaidNO
Regular

I have this too on Android, started very recently. I have a bunch of downloaded tracks for my tube journey - all of them crackle intermittently. Used to be fine, started maybe a few days ago. Phone is HTC One X on O2

Community Manager
Community Manager

Does this only happen with local files or also with streaming and/or offline Spotify content?

Community Ergo Sum
SUGGESTED POSTS