Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

Solved!

Re: Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

Dangles

I recently had this problem while using Spotfy Premium on Ubuntu 14.04

At first I thought it was my new headphone amp, but I tried a bunch things came to the following conclusion:

The crackling is not due to Spotify alone. It only occurs with my particular DAC (X-Fi Go! SB110) AND Spotify. Spotify on other computers sounds fine even with my DAC and Spotify, so it's combination of computer, audio device, and Spotify from what I can tell. I'm super confused right now.

Stepram

Same issue here, every 45 seconds or so you get a noise that shounds like a cracked or jammed record. 

Tried:

Clearing cache

clean install

running Spotify with nothing else running (inc killing all non-essitual background processes)

turning hardware acceleration on and off

high quality audio on or off

AV on or off

Windows Firewall on or off

Machine Spec:

Dell XPS L502x Laptop

i7-2860 QM 2.5 Ghz

16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Crucial 256GB MX100 SSD (Boot Drive with Windows Spotify and Spotify Cache)

Realtek High Definition Audio, Waves Maxx Audio3 and JBL speakers

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

The issue happens regardless of location and connection type, speed, wired or wireless. 

I can only conclude its an issue with Spotify itself.

Any one got any idea's I've not tried 

tbraun1551
Community Legend
One thing you can do is try deleting the local files and then resyncing them to your device. And/Or try completely deleting the spotty application then reinstalling. Also does this only happen on one of your devices.
Thomas Braun

Follow me on twitter @tbraun1551
If this has helped you please Kudos it and if it has fixed your problem please mark it as the Solution.
1 person liked this

HairyHarry
There doesn't seem to be a definitive solution to this problem, from what I've seen. I'm using Spotify on an Android, Galaxy S3, and it has worked fine for over a year. All of the sudden I am getting pops and crackling in streaming and downloaded songs. Tried everything on here, and want to keep my premium subscription but will stop paying soon because the music is ruined by this problem. Am I missing something, maybe another thread?

tbraun1551
Community Legend
I don't know what to do otherwise but contact spotify support directly.
Thomas Braun

Follow me on twitter @tbraun1551
If this has helped you please Kudos it and if it has fixed your problem please mark it as the Solution.
2 people liked this

riprodrigues

Hi guys

I've had the same problem and I was going crazy because of it. I have a Toshiba (4 year old Tecra) with Win7 64bit and I am using a Bose Mini Soundlink as my external speaker (great sound, by the way...), linked via bluetooth. As I was experiencing some syncing problems, I changed some parameters, almost everywhere, including the speakers properties in windows sound config.

I solved the problem reducing the sound quality (sample rate and bit depth) from 48000 Hz (DVD quality) back to 44100 hz (CD quality) in the advanced tab of my speakers properties. Check this page where i found the solution that worked for me: http://corey.degrandchamp.com/2010/11/25/fixed-windows-7-sound-popping-cracking-skipping/ 

Hope this helps, at least some of you.

6 people liked this

findjammer
Visitor

I have given up with Spotify client.

I uninstalled it on my box months ago because of this issue and I've just done a reinstall and BANG there are the little glitches.

I've tried all the suggestions.

Spotify if you are reading this you need to sort your software out.  It absolutely has a problem.

I have a monster of a machine here with a pro external Firewire studio mixer ...

Anyway, bye bye again Spotty.

Kit_L
Casual Listener

MacBook Air, i7, aftermarket SSD, optioned to the max; trying out Spotify Premium, and playing to Bose Spoundlink mini, via Bluetooth.Today, first time, appalling crackling; so much so I had to stop listening. Right now, 30 mins later, excellent. What did I change? Zilch.

So, I will keep an ear on this; I can listen to my music via iTunes with zero distortion, so if the problem continues, that is my option. 

tacianomm

Exactly 3 years later and the problem still persists... Guys wake up!

It's not with our computers or internet, otherwise no other music streaming service would work (like Pandora, Google Play Music and even the defunct Grooveshark all showed no problem).

Everyone here in this community is only here complaining because we love Spotify.

But if you can't solve a fundamental streaming problem, the competition will steal us really soon...

1 person liked this

Bodlar
Regular
I cancelled my service since they clearly don't care to resolve the issue.

SUGGESTED POSTS