1 person liked this

Re: Premium - Crackling, Stuttering

stevideo123

tried this and for the last twenty minutes - no crackilng - thanks

1 person liked this

cgibney
Casual Listener

I've been fighting this stutter problem for a long time on my Lenovo T440s laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit). 

I could make it stutter easily by using Chrome or Firefox to browse to a website.

Finally! The problem is gone now that I've done what someone else suggested -- lowering my sound card's property settings to "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)". I also added Spotify to my Norton's exception list (both for the firewall and antivirus) but I really think it was the sound card property change that had the biggest impact.

cgibney
Casual Listener

I'm replying to my earlier post where I thought that changing my audio settings resolved my stuttering problem with Spotify. It was temporary and it didn't really solve it.

Actually, the problem has been that my whole computer momentarily freezes when I'm using Google Chrome. Having Spotify stutter was just one of many symptoms. My mouse would also stall (not move) for a second or two when my computer would momentarily hang.

I tried several potential remedies but in the end, it was one (or more) of my Google Chrome browser extensions (add-ins). I don't know which one but the most likely culprit is Adblock Plus (v1.9.4) but another possibility was WOT (web of trust).

2 people liked this

Louis_francis
Casual Listener
Since the latest IOS update I have now started getting this problem I will canceling my premium until this is fixed!
1 person liked this

IcedChill

I think that it's a symptom of the machine not allocating enough resources to Spotify.

Taking my laptop out of "Power Saving" mode fixed the problem for me.

1 person liked this

cgibney
Casual Listener

In regard to my earlier reply, my culprit has been the Dashlane extension in my browsers -- Chrome especially. As soon as I disable the Dashlane extension in Chrome, all of my computer problems with hesitation, stuttering, etc., go away. I have focused my energy in resolving that but have only made minimal progress. 

therobotmaker

Warning Anecdote: 

I was able to fix my crackling issues by switching what USB port my DAC was plugged into. For whatever reason, my JDS element didn't like a USB 3.0 port.

1 person liked this

NightScape
Roadie

I've been using Spotify Premium now for about 6 months without any sound problems. Today, all of a sudden, I've got this anoying crackling and stuttering. The good news: after I found this thread I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify - and the problem has gone!

SUGGESTED POSTS