Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Previously listened to music adding itself to playlists

Previously listened to music adding itself to playlists

Plan 

Premium (Just upgraded to Family not 4 hours ago)

Device

Google Pixel 3a, PC, Google Pixel 1

Operating System

Android 9, Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Howdy!

This has been going on the last week or so, not for very long. I'll be listening to a random playlist I've searched for or created(Maybe something LOTR themed for Hobbit day, or my Bing Crosby inspired playlist I created years ago) and when I go to listen to another playlist, somehow all those songs have been added to the playlist magically. As if they were copy pasted. I'd blame it on somone having access if they were collaborative, but they're not, it's literally, if I listen to a radio dedicated to David Bowie songs, then go back to my Halloween playlist, it'll start playing Rocketman from the previous listen. All I gotta do is delete the songs from the new playlist but it's frustrating. Added to this frustration is my wife and I use spotify to soothe our son (he's 1.5 and loves the White Stripes and The Sound of Music Soundtrack) but my wife, when she puts on his playlist on her phone or through Alexa, it's playing some of the music I was listening to previously. When we check the playlist on all 3 platforms, the tracks are mysteriously not there /in the playlist/ and the queue is empty. 

I'm convinced I haven't listened to enough Led Zeppelin, because clearly I've **bleep** off an Ancient Eldritch guardian of rock, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?

2 Replies

I'm also having this problem and would love to know what the solution is! I haven't had anyone respond to me, so I hope you can find an answer!

I hope this gets bumped or boosted at some point

Suggested posts