Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Daily Mix 1

Solved!

Problem with Daily Mix 1

Hi all, I have a problem with my only daily mix, the genre is rockabilly that is a genre that I like but not the only one, how to add more genres to the mix? I thinked that will depend by the music I listen but now some time has passed that I listen other genres of music but the mix contains only rockabilly, mainly swedish bands, this is a little disappointing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Listen to other music. Daily mixes are all different but they use music you listen to. Try listening to It and disliking the songs you don't like. That should get the songs you don't like out. Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Listen to other music. Daily mixes are all different but they use music you listen to. Try listening to It and disliking the songs you don't like. That should get the songs you don't like out. Good luck!

Sorry if I insist but I am listening music diverse from rockabilly from long time, I suspect at this point that the Daily Mix will offer always that type of music, maybe the devs can tell us the precise functioning of this feature and resolve the mystery.

From what I've seen, the Daily Mixes always focus on one genre each (like your Rockabilly one). You might be listening to lots of music that isn't Rockabilly, but that music might not be related to each other, so Spotify doesn't bother adding a Daily Mix for it.

Try playing an Artist Radio for an artist you like (outside of Rockabilly) for a while, maybe the Daily Mixes will pick up that you're listening to one particular style of music and add a mix for it.

Also, as far as I know, the Daily Mixes don't update very regularly - I've found they can take days or even weeks before they give me a new mix based on what I've been listening to lately.

Just yesterday I controlled my daily mixes and they became six!

You are right, every mix is a separate genre.

Suggested posts