Free

Country

Mexico

Device

PC (desktop)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hola, me gustaría reportar un error que se produce en la lista de reproducción cada vez que Spotify termina de mostrar un anuncio publicitario, especificamente un video o varios. Escucho música muy bien, pero SIEMPRE que termina de reproducir un anuncio publicitario en forma de video, una canción es omitida de la lista de reproducción y la pasa de largo. Es algo muy molesto siempre tener que volver a corregir el error manualmente. Espero puedan solucionar este error.
Me explico: Si estoy reproduciendo la canción número 1, y en ese momento se reproduce un anuncio publicitario en forma de video, la lista de reproducción se pausa y se transmite el anuncio... Todo bien, hasta que termina el anuncio publicitario, y en vez de seguir reproduciendo la lista de reproducción con la canción número 2, ¡se salta a la número 3!

Espero lean la publicacion... Saludos. 🙏

9 Replies

Hey @Bellinger9,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language.

Can you restart the device and then log out and log back in again? If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

It's also a good idea to try on another device. Are there any changes?

In case you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, thanks for answering. I would like to write that I have already tried to restart the application and in fact I have already done a clean reinstallation using the link you provided. I followed the steps and it helped me in the speed of the app. However, it did not solve the error that many times causes the omission of a song at the end of a video commercial and goes from song 1 to song 3, instead of going from 1 to 2 and then going to song 3. I insist that it is the fault of the commercial.

Right now I don't have another device to test for the same error. But I have already used spotify on several devices and this error has never happened to me.

A greeting.

Hi again @Bellinger9!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Would you mind letting us know if this is happening with all your playlists? Have you noticed this behavior after an ad with only audio?

If possible, can you try using a different network? Let us know if you spot any difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, thanks for answering.

I have already investigated the error that happens to me after commercial videos. At the moment I have noticed that the behavior does not happen to me with the playlist of my likes. However, it does happen to me in the Weekly Discovery playlist, which is the playlist I frequent the most, along with News Radar. I have also not noticed a difference between commercial video and audio only because I do not get ads with only audio.

I have already tried switching from an Ethernet network to a Wifi network, but when I used Wi-Fi I didn't get any ads.

I will be on the lookout for that behavior and notify you if I see any changes. Greetings and thanks. 

Hey @Bellinger9,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for taking the time to test it.

It's also worth trying on a different device (preferably another PC) to see if the same happens there.

Keep us posted on anything new you find out about this. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for answering.

I just formatted the computer. I will see if there is any change.

A greeting.

Hi, I'd like to update that I keep having the problem that after the ads the playlist skips a song, even though I format the computer.
I'm playing song 1, then I get announcements to go to song 2, but at the end of the announcements it skips song 2 and skips to song 3.

This happens to me in the Weekly Discovery playlist and the Radar News playlist. However it doesn't happen in my Likes playlist.

Hi @Bellinger9

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the information you sent. 

Could you log in to your desktop app with a friend's free account to check if the issue persists?

Also, would you mind letting us know if this happens on the we player too?

Lastly, could you check if disabling hardware acceleration makes a differences? You can find this option in the advanced settings. Make sure to restart your device after the change.

Cheers - Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, thanks for replying Eni.

I have tried using spotify in the web player and I never got the error that happens to me in the desktop application, this because I never get ads in the web player.

I already tried disabling hardware acceleration and it didn't work for me, I keep getting the error in the Weekly Discovery and News Radar where a song is skipped after announcements.

I haven't tried switching to a friend's account to see if the same thing happens in the desktop app, but I'll try as soon as I can.

That's it. Peace and regards. 🙏

Suggested posts