Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pros and Cons of the 2021 update and if there is something I can do to remove the cons

Pros and Cons of the 2021 update and if there is something I can do to remove the cons

Plan

Free

Country

Denmark

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been using spotify for quite a while now, I started using spotify on another account that I had connected to my facebook back in 2013ish, but I made a new  account a year or two ago, where I imported most of the important playlists I had or remade them. I will start with this, I'm personally not a fan of the new update and here is why:

- I cant find my new releases from artists i enjoy or at least have listened too as easy anymore, I really wish that this feature was outlined as its a major feature that I use a lot to add music to my playlists and honestly personally is way better than the release radar.

- I cant just start from the top of an artists discography and listen my way down, I have to exit in and out of the albums.

-The artist pages looks like its trying to do show anything but the music.

Here is what I do like: 

The new style looks neat.

This might be just a personal opinion but it has made my use of spotify about 50% more hassel than it used too before this update.

4 Replies

Hi @Jedder

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We hear you. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience.

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much for this response, I legit signed up for the community just for this topic so quite new to the layout and stuff, so very happy to be guided towards a general topic area to discuss the new update. Thank you for your help, I see that a lot have mentioned the Discography List missing which im really happy about, so i will just bring up the topic of hard to find new releases.

Same. I don't like it. Can't find anything. Probably will stop using Spotify because of it. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread and thank you for sharing your feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We suggest that you head over to the thread that @Novy provided to leave your feedback regarding the new desktop experience.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts