Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Public/Private Playlists & Playlist Cover Images/Descriptions

Solved!

Public/Private Playlists & Playlist Cover Images/Descriptions

Only get prompted for cover/descriptions under New Playlist, once set the option is never seen again, not even to change or edit what was set.Only get prompted for cover/descriptions under New Playlist, once set the option is never seen again, not even to change or edit what was set.On my spotify (windows 10) desktop app I no longer have the option to make my playlists private or public when I right click on them. I even used to be able to customize my playlist covers on my account but I no longer have the option to set my own picture for the playlists as well as even edit them (such as renaming or giving my playlist a description.) I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling spotify but the same problem still persists, even after I was just prompted to re-update spotify. Please help! On the web player I can rename my playlists and make them private or public but I am still unable to customize the covers or give a playlist description whereas I was able to before on both the app AND web player. Is there anything I can do to fix any of the problems? I really don't want to have to make a new account...

*Quick Update* 

I'm only able to set any sort of cover image or description whatsoever ONLY if I click make a new playlist, but once I do so, if I happened to wanted to edit that description or image I had already set, I don't get the option or popup to

change /edit it, or make that playlist public or private.

App/Cant Customize Playlist Cover or make playlist public/privateApp/Cant Customize Playlist Cover or make playlist public/private

App/Cant Customize Playlist Cover or make playlist public/privateApp/Cant Customize Playlist Cover or make playlist public/privateWeb Player/Can't customize cover and can only make playlist public/private through web playerWeb Player/Can't customize cover and can only make playlist public/private through web playerApp/Cant Customize Playlist Cover or make playlist public/privateApp/Cant Customize Playlist Cover or make playlist public/private

~Poptartzz

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Really odd, it looks like Spotify is treating your own playlists as if they're not yours. If I go to somebody else's public playlist I get the drop down menu that you're getting with your own playlists. Are you still able to add and removes songs from your playlists?

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Really odd, it looks like Spotify is treating your own playlists as if they're not yours. If I go to somebody else's public playlist I get the drop down menu that you're getting with your own playlists. Are you still able to add and removes songs from your playlists?

Oh thank god you answered I thought I was going to be left on my own again!!

Yeah totally, I'm not sure what's going on at all! I thought re-installing would fix the problem but it's not! Im about to uninstall and restart and then re-install again just to make sure, I've been having this problem for awhile. I dont know how it could be my account this seems to be on/off sort of thing. When I was able to upload cover images for my playlists, I had the option to make my playlists public/private as well on the app.Add/Remove Songs on Playlist (App)Add/Remove Songs on Playlist (App)

~Poptartzz

Well one thing I can confirm is that the playlist cover images can't be edited in the web app yet, so that at least focuses the problem down to the desktop app. I'll try my best to see if I can find a solution!

Maybe they restricted that function for free accounts. I don`t think about other reason that can cause that, its really strange.

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Seems like a possibility, though I would expect more people to post this problem if this really is the case.

I know right, it's a total pain to have to switch to the web player just to change what I want public or private 😕

~Poptartzz

Thank you!! Does spotify tech or whoever not really respond to community forums? I havent been a community member for very long, I usually try to figure these things out myself but I can't exactly do that this time!

Okay so I know this sounds super weird but the thing is is that I was able to on the web player just a week or so ago on both the web player and app! I don't know what's going on or why I cant even at least make my playlists public or private on my app now

~Poptartzz

Found a similar topic, sadly without a solution too 😕

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Playlist-right-click-menu-not-showing-all-options/td-p/...

There was a pretty massive update a week or two ago I think, maybe it's a bug.. To be honest I haven't been a community member for long either, but in my short experience I've noticed fairly little help from actual tech support hahah

I have the exact same problem as that person, I can make anyone elses playlists private or public. Just not my own ..

~Poptartzz
Public Playlists.PNG

haha well let's hope we get them to help or find a solution ourselves! I've had so many problems with this account it's not even funny...from not being able to log in on the app, web player and on here...to ads getting stuck for long periods of time and then for some reason it wasn't letting me follow people or artists to now this 😕 Just my luck it seems.

~Poptartzz

I replied to his post, hopefully he'll let us know if he found a solution. I'll keep you up-to-date on any news! Apologies that I can't be of any more help 😞

Ayy thank you for all your help!! It really means a lot haha, the last time I posted in the community I think my topic got lost in the forum, at the time spotify wasn't letting me log into the app or web player and I kept getting error codes. But as I was saying it really means a lot and thank you for trying to help me! I just hope we can get it fixed soon! And Thanks, I'll be on the lookout then for if you send me something!

~Poptartzz

Ugh I forgot to totally tell you that I can set cover images ONLY when I make a new playlist? I don't know if that information matters any though...Haha sorry for such a late update, it literally just came to mind.

~Poptartzz
Sptofy New Playlist.PNG

Hey I didn't get any further on this problem 😕 Have you figured out a solution yet?

Yes!...Kind of, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt 😕

~Poptartzz

same.. when I choose a photo for my playlist it changes it, but then once I shut down the app and open it back up again my playlist photo go back to how I had it before I changed it. HELPPPPPPPPP

Suggested posts