Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pure disappointment and lack of care for your customers

Pure disappointment and lack of care for your customers

Having been using Spotify since mid 2010 (while it was still invitational), today I feel nothing but pure disappointment because of how much potential has been thrown down the drain.

I've read loads of great suggestions here and there over the years on this forum, and yet they still haven't been implemented; despite the fact that I restart Spotify to get it updated, and yet I see no noticable changes.

All we see is the typical bot/PR response of: "While we're marking this as 'Not Right Now', that is because we don't have plans to implement the exact idea suggested above." 

Why not implement it now instead of putting it on the backburner? It's very insulting to your loyal users who have made Spotify what it is today. It very much reminds me of how Google runs things, essentially not listening to customers and just doing their own thing. 1,600+ Employees, and not an ounce of improvement. Are all of your employees just making playlists 24/7? Do management not care at all about their customers?

What needs to change / what's missing

• No Equalizer
  • No customisable user interface
  • Unable to unblock people
  • Unable to view who follows your playlists (when you used to be able to)
  • Cannot make people unfollow a playlist (forcing people to make new ones)
  • No icon to indicate clearly whether your playlist is public or private
  • Zooming out text is too way too small, forcing you to use the default zoom
  • Spotify as a whole has things way too big, I get that it's for compatbility but why not allow people to customise the UI as I said previously
  • Customisable profile banner / profile colour
  • Visualizer?
  • VU Meter?
  • Lyrics? (where'd they go?)
  • Spotify mini player?
  • Messaging/sharing system?

Almost a decade later and still, these things haven't been added or improved? Yikes...

These are just SOME ideas to make the program a whole lot better. All of these years later, I still don't see these things. Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of work is needed to be done across many platforms, but this is still no excuse. Smaller teams have done bigger and better things, so why cant you do this Spotify?

0 Replies

Suggested posts