Queued up podcasts don't play in Windows 11

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC - Spotify Desktop app Version 1.1.65.643.g2d707698-a

Operating System

Windows 11 (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22000.0)

My Question or Issue

After upgrading to Windows 11, queued up podcast don't play. I have no problem to play a music playlist, they are playing as normal. But as soon as I play Podcasts, after the podcast episode that was playing, the second one in the queue don't start to play. It doesn't matter if it's one episode from the same podcast or if I queue up one from another podcast. I run into the same issue. 

On my other computer, with the same windows version, everything works. (Windows app store version 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a). As soon I install the desktop version 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a, I can reproduce the problem on that computer. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @97marno,

Thanks for your reply.

We're aware of some issues with queued podcast episodes and the right teams are currently looking into it. Make sure to add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread, as well as the required info there so we can pass it on to them.

We'll post any developments regarding this in that thread, so make sure to Subscribe to it so you don't miss out.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @97marno

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, have you enabled Autoplay in the app settings?

If so, it's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps and make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.  

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes, I have enabled autoplay. 

It's not the App store application that have the problem, it's the "fat client" that you download on the spotify website. 

I have also talked to some friends of mina and they can reproduce this problem in Windows 10 as well, so this issue isn't just Windows 11 as I first thought, it's something in the windows client relase with buildnumber 1.1.65.643.g2d707698-a

Marked as solution

Hey @97marno,

Thanks for your reply.

We're aware of some issues with queued podcast episodes and the right teams are currently looking into it. Make sure to add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread, as well as the required info there so we can pass it on to them.

We'll post any developments regarding this in that thread, so make sure to Subscribe to it so you don't miss out.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts