Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio And Friend Feed Are Missing. I've Tried A Reinstall. Why?

Solved!

Plan

Premium

Country

BR

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

My radio just doesn't work, and my "friends activity" doesn't work either, i have already reinstalled but it didn't solve my problem.

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Question:

Answer:
Hey,

Sorry to hear reinstalling didn't help. This is usually the first thing I'd suggest.

I also had issues with radio not loading. I reinstalled, but before redownloading Spotify I restarted the computer.

I suggest checking your hosts, as for me this has been the culprit before:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Question:

Answer:
Hey,

Sorry to hear reinstalling didn't help. This is usually the first thing I'd suggest.

I also had issues with radio not loading. I reinstalled, but before redownloading Spotify I restarted the computer.

I suggest checking your hosts, as for me this has been the culprit before:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much, i did what you said, and my radio and my "friends activity" are working again, thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! kisses from BR 

I Have a premium account and a spotify for Artists 

I cant get the radio to work for my Artist Page Pepe and the Bandits. Everything was working perfectly then one day it disappeared, now if I try the go to my Artist radio (or anyone else does) it just spins or says playlist missing after numerous emails I was told its something they are sorting out and lots of people are having this issue. Now they tell me its because I'm not using it enough lol I use it every day all day for music and tell me to Participate in social media more as its an algorithm. I feel im being fobbed of as i have over 6,000 streams on my music and 4 songs uploaded since May.  

My premium Account is Account password cant be changed as it was set up with Facebook years ago, I have tried and deactivated the Facebook and signed in normally with my email account and  same problem, everyone else is having the same problem with my own artist radio page. 

Had a few emails telling me to update my bio which I have ages ago, and create some playlists  I have created playlists have followers on these and my songs are on over 50+ playlists.

Please Please can someone help. 

Hey there @PepeandtheBandi,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! We'll be happy to help you out 🙂

Just to clarify, are you not able to start an Artist Radio for your own profile or do you have difficulties loading any Radio Stations?

If it's the latter, you might be experiencing an issue which we have meanwhile fixed. We recommend, you head here and try the suggested solution and let us know how it goes.

In case you are talking about your own artist profile, we suggest you take a look at the FAQs here or reach out to our Artist Support team, if you have further questions.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We’ll be right here if you still need help.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My "hosts" file only tells me how it works, it doesn't actually show anything useful. Idk what to do.

Screenshot_1.png

Hey there @Smarre

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you give us more info about the issue you're experiencing and all of the devices that are affected by this behavior?

On another note, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Additionally, could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried? This way we can avoid repeating steps.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts