Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
My Question or Issue
My radio just doesn't work, and my "friends activity" doesn't work either, i have already reinstalled but it didn't solve my problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Radio And Friend Feed Are Missing. I've Tried A Reinstall. Why?
Sorry to hear reinstalling didn't help. This is usually the first thing I'd suggest.
I also had issues with radio not loading. I reinstalled, but before redownloading Spotify I restarted the computer.
I suggest checking your hosts, as for me this has been the culprit before:
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.
Let me know how you get on 🙂