Radio Stations Acting Like Playlists

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Radio Stations Acting Like Playlists

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about the Radio function in the Spotify app.

As you may have noticed, there have been some recent changes made to the way Radio works. The main changes are the following:

• When you click on Go to Song/Album/Artist Radio via the three-dot menu, Spotify takes you to a pre-made, finite playlist*. When you get to the end of these playlists, if you have Autoplay turned on, a radio station will be automatically generated based on that playlist.

* Note: this does not include Playlist Radio, which functions like the old Radio.

screen1.PNG

• You can now click on the FOLLOW button in each radio playlist; this will save it under Playlists in the left sidebar so that you can find it easily when you want to listen to it later.

screen2.PNG

• The 'Create New Station' button, which used to be in Your Library > Stations, has been removed.
  • You can find a list of recommended stations in the Radio menu in the left sidebar in the desktop app*.

* Note: this option is no longer available on the mobile app.

screen3.PNG

As you get familiar with the new Spotify Radio, we wanted to give you a few tips about how to make the most of it:

1. You can now see the number of followers each radio playlist has in the info at the top of the playlist.
  2. You can create a separate folder under Playlists in the left sidebar, where you can save and keep track of all your radio playlists.
  3. You can easily access the radio playlist for any artist by searching for them; you will see their playlist automatically comes up in the list of results.

Lastly, if you have any feedback about the new Radio, as with any new feature, we'd love to hear from you! Just head over to the relevant thread here and leave your feedback as a comment in the thread. We'll make sure we pass it on to the right folks.

In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding how the new Radio works, feel free to reach out to us by creating a new thread in the Community - we'll be happy to answer any questions there.

Thanks! Stay awesome.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
SUGGESTED POSTS