Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio's don't start

Solved!

Radio's don't start

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I restart my PC, or sometimes in the middle of a song radio, it stops playing and the radio apparently disappears. The radio is no longer there, and the friend's list goes away too. The only thing I have left is the song history and I can't replay the radio from that. I have to reset the Spotify app from the windows apps and settings menu for it to work and this is annoying as I have to do this every time I turn on my computer and sometimes more often than that. The only thing that works without resetting is the default song playlists which I hardly listen to.

I would add my build number but it says it is not permitted in this community for some reason.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sir_Haris

Another user had a similar kind of issue and they discovered a line in their hosts file was responsible for this.

Check out this thread for more information. ๐Ÿ™‚

This intermittent behaviour is a bit funny though... Try restarting the router as well!

Let me know how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Sir_Haris

Another user had a similar kind of issue and they discovered a line in their hosts file was responsible for this.

Check out this thread for more information. ๐Ÿ™‚

This intermittent behaviour is a bit funny though... Try restarting the router as well!

Let me know how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This worked a treat, thanks a lot.

Suggested posts