Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio selection totally blows

Radio selection totally blows

Started a Techno radio station and spent the next hour thumbs-downing all the indie/alternative, hobbit soundtrack, lil' john and one republic track that it produced before giving up and re-subbing to pandora.

4 Replies

Hey there! 

Unfortunately, radio has never been Spotify's best feature, but the team is looking at ways to make it better continuously. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I completely agree! The thing is, it used to be just fine. I've sworn by Spotify for all music listening needs since it came out. I completely stopped using Pandora. 

But then, a couple weeks ago, everything changed...

Every radio station I create features the same songs whether it's an oldies, alternative or poppy station. The same songs are playing over and over and the majority of the songs aren't even in the same genre as the song/artist I started the station with. 

After several chances, I just broke down and started using Pandora again. I use Spotify to listen to individual songs only now. 

I'm not sure what they changed, but I hope it gets fixed.

Totally agree with these posts. I started a Mary Chapin Carpenter radio station, and all I get is Elton John, Bob Dylan, Jackson Browne, Fleetwood Mac (WTF?!) but never any MCC? It's hopeless!!

Noticed this for a long time now. Plays the same **bleep**ing songs over and over, jesus. Why can't it choose from the entire goddam catolog? We can skip songs if we don't like them, but I'd rather hear new songs rather than the same tired **bleep** every time. Haven't noticed any changes over the past year.

ANY UPDATE SPOTIFY?

Suggested posts