Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio works for everyone except Coldplay

Radio works for everyone except Coldplay

Loving Spotify so far but I have a weird problem.  I made a radio station from Coldplay and everything worked fine at first.  However, something changed and now whenever a Coldplay song comes up the music stops.  The play button is still active but nothing loads up.  Hitting next track moves to the next track and music resumes.  This happens for every single Coldplay track and no other artist seems to be affected.  Any advice?

2 Replies

@mrseanbob wrote:

Loving Spotify so far but I have a weird problem.  I made a radio station from Coldplay and everything worked fine at first.  However, something changed and now whenever a Coldplay song comes up the music stops.  The play button is still active but nothing loads up.  Hitting next track moves to the next track and music resumes.  This happens for every single Coldplay track and no other artist seems to be affected.  Any advice?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have coldplay tracks stored locally? 

Try installing Apple Quicktime and see if that helps.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the reply Peter.  I just started using Spotify and I don't have any tracks saved locally at all.  I just installed quicktime, but it seems like if there were a problem with playback in general it would affect all tracks, right?  Not sure why Coldplay is the only artist affected.

Suggested posts