Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random Music Playing

Random Music Playing

So, I've got Spotify Premium; my account is linked to my iPhone and my Windows 10 Desktop, and my login uses my facebook information exclusively. I haven't really been able to find answers or questions relating to this particular issue, so I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere.

To put it simply, if I am not listening to music offline on my desktop, at any random moment, music that I don't recognize will suddenly cut in and begin playing. This is not same as the Radio function that kicks in when a playlist ends, this music will literally interrupt and fight against mine. If I pause the offending tune, it will eventually unpause itself. (I literally timed it, and it consistently takes between 50 seconds to 1 minute and 10 seconds before the music unpauses itself. One instance involved about 20 - 30 seconds.)

Occasionaly, rather than simply unpausing, it will play a new track altogether.

I tried to investigate my account to see if it had been hacked or compromised, or if a foreign device had weasled itself in--this doesn't seem to be the case, after disconnecting all devices and reconnecting the ones that were mine (which did all seem to belong to me to begin with, but I had to make certain), the problem persisted.

When I reset my password, there appeared some playlists on the side menu that I didn't recognize. They weren't created, only followed. That seemed to be the only oddity. So far, there hasn't been any interruption upon doing that, but I'd prefer to get any input on the issue before calling it a day!

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

I am having the very same issue with Windows 10 on my laptop - I'd say it started about 2 weeks ago.
I have reinstalled the program with no resolution.

Hey @smadvil.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like another users has gained access to your account. In this case we recommend to follow the steps on this page. No worries, we'll be able to fix this for you.

Hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hello.
Faced same issue many times, started about 2 months ago.
From time to time my music is being cut off and some random vibes are played,
I have changed password couple times and no result.

To me it seems like other user actions are applied to my account somehow. It looks like Spotify fails with two accounts. Also there is response, the other person often tries to switch back his music and things like that. Restart of the app is solution.

I noticed it in my desktop app, on my phone app.
I thought about conflicts between spotify family members, but after some time we realised, that the random music does not belong to any of us, as well as device names.

Looking forward to your reply and possible solution 🙂

Thanks for getting in touch, @Alexandr779979

You mention that you changed your password. But have you logged out your account from all devices too? You can do this here.

Hope it helps! Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts