Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearrange tracks on desktops no longer seems to work

Solved!

Rearrange tracks on desktops no longer seems to work

Before it was as easy as click-dragging with your mouse to where you wanted it. Now it no longer seems to work. User functionality just keeps getting worse. How am I supposed to arrange my tracks now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately my question seems to have been misunderstood. I'm not talking about automatic sorting, I'm talking about personal sorting. Before you could drag songs to wherever you wanted them in your playlist, that functionality seems to be gone now.

Edit: Seems there was an update today and now the functionality is the same as before, so my problem has been resolved.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @Noodle,

This functionality still works the same. You can reorganize track listings within your playlists, or Songs in Your Music.

1. Click the column by which you want the list sorted. (Click ARTIST to sort alphabetically by artist name, for example).
  2. The first click sorts by ascending order; a second, by descending order; and a third resets the original order.

You can also sort Albums and Artists within Your Music. Just click Sorted by in the top left to sort alphabetically by Artist, Title, or Recently Added.

Let me know if this works for you!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Unfortunately my question seems to have been misunderstood. I'm not talking about automatic sorting, I'm talking about personal sorting. Before you could drag songs to wherever you wanted them in your playlist, that functionality seems to be gone now.

Edit: Seems there was an update today and now the functionality is the same as before, so my problem has been resolved.

Hi again @Noodle,

iIdidn't misunderstand your question - as I told you, you should just click three times to be able to sort the songs the way you want.

Anyway, have fun 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

I am having a similar problem, but it seems that I am even unable to arrange by Artist, Album or Song. When I drag my cursor over those, they do nothing (no green arrows appear). And when I try to drag and drop a song into a differentspot in my playlist, it does not work. I am a Premium member and am working in my own playlist, so I cannot figure out why I cannot manipulate it.

Hi @rstuart,

what device are you using? Have you noticed his behaviour just now?

BittencourtSpotify Star

I am using a MacBook. This is the first time I have tried to rearrange a playlist.

Ok, you said you dragged the cursor over the words Artist, Song, Album, right?

Actually you should click on it. Then the green arrows will appear. Then just follow what I said in the previous comment and you'll be fine 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 21.25.35.jpg

I am clicking, dragging and trying everything I can think of, but nothing happens. When I click and drag a song title, I get a gray box and can see the title, but when I drag it to the spot I want and drop, the song does not move.

@rstuart, is this playlist yours? You can only drag and drop songs within playlists created by you.

If so, make sure there's NO green arrow in any of the columns. This will mean they are sorted in the original way - the only way you can drag and drop them.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Yes, they are my playlists. And there are no green arrows in any columns. I cannot even get a green arrow when I try.

Well, then I suggest you try a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if this fixes the problem:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts