Recent update removed cut and paste??

Recent update removed cut and paste??

jnisbet21
Casual Listener

A few days ago I opened sportify on my laptop to find a new update had been released. I am not a fan of this update (losing the artist column is annoying, and as a result of that songs now take up more space in the playlist, so you can see less songs on the screen). However the one thing that is most enraging is that I can no longer use control + x to cut and control + v to paste songs. I used this in two main ways: 1) cut a song and paste it somewhere else in the playlist, this made it very easy to make quick adjustments to the order of the playlist, and 2) cut all songs out of the playlist, paste them (they paste as spotify links) in a web tool that randomizes lines, re cut that and paste back in spotify to randomize my playlist order. Why would spotify ever remove this feature?? I'm really hoping it is just a bug with the new update. 

21 Replies

Anton188
Casual Listener
Ctrl + x & Ctrl + V does not work for all users in your new interface! Instead of solving the problem, you turned off the option to revert to the old version! Take 30 seconds of your time and check if the cut and paste functions work in the new interface and in the old one for comparison!

neillynch
Casual Listener

Surprise surprise logging in with a different account made no difference. Just give us back UI Overide, problem solved. The new UI is clunky and horrible to use.

SUGGESTED POSTS