Recently Played is blank in Spotify's desktop application

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've started to have problems where Spotify says "Nothing here yet Music will appear as you listen". However, I've look up an album and play it yet nothing shows up. Also, my phone (Samsung S7 Edge) shows everything that I played before. I've tried a uninstall and reinstall of the application both with the setup for spotify and just the app from the Windows 10 store. Any solutions would be appreciated!

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I suggest looking into the hosts file as sometimes there are entries that break Spotify traffic.

Just follow this:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)

2. Go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.

4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like:

0.0.0.0 website.com

127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com

0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)

5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.

6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Thanks for the response and for the welcome @Loxer!

When I went to my hosts file, there were no entries with spotify or fastly.

I appreciate the help!

Any other suggestions that could help?

Hey @user-removed,

You're more than welcome 🙂

Could you please try to add those lines and save the changes to the file hosts?

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts