Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device 

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Recently played artists doesn´t work. When I have the settings on "show recently artists" other users can not see my recently played artists,  and when I log out the setting goes off again.  

I use my spotify with a facebook account.

Is this a common problem?

7 Replies

Hey @Blomma11.

Thanks for raising this with us on the Community - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

If that doesn't work, could you provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify

Keep us posted!

Thanks for your reply and the information!

I have reinstalled several times.  (This has been a problem for several month) 

Spotify app-version is

1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d (Windows Store-version)

Hope you can help me out! 🙂

Hey there @Blomma11,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this info.

Just to confirm, can you let us know if this happens in other devices or just your desktop app? Further, if possible, we'd recommend logging in to the desktop app using a different account. This will help us pinpoint if the issue is account related.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey Katarina!

A couple of days ago it happen in my other device, my mobile android - samsung. It does not show my recently played artists.

(This is an account connected with facebook)

We have  also tried logging in to the desktop app using a different account and it works fine. (not an account with facebook)

//  🙂

I'm having the same issue on both my Android and desktop versions of Spotify.

About 4 days ago, my recently played artist section disappeared.

I know Spotify likes to test new features as well as taking away features so I thought maybe this is what was going on possibly.

Either that, or there's definitely a glitch going on that I hope it's solved soon.

I also need help because when i try to enable "recently played artist" it isn't even on setting at all-

I'm on windows 10 btw

Hey @ConflicterZ,

Thanks for the post!

Recently Played Artists is no longer an option in the Spotify app, instead there is now - Share my listening Activity. This will let your friends know what the last track you played was.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts