Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.0

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.0

What's new in this version (0.9.0):

• New: Now available in Traditional Chinese and Latin American Spanish.
  • New: Say hello to our new logo.
  • New: Some smart architectural changes that will allow us to ship improvements faster and with fewer pesky bugs.
  • New: Added some extra space to accommodate for Chinese characters
  • New: Enlarged some fonts to accommodate for Chinese characters
  • Fixed: We’ve dealt with a bug that caused cache issues between restarts. Get ready for much faster start-up times.
  • Fixed: Now you can see what you’re listening to by clicking anywhere on the now playing bar.
  • Fixed: Free users - ads won’t bring Spotify to the front any more.
  • Fictitious: This app has an extensive collection of hotel toiletries.

Known issues:

• "Added" date is missing in some views
  • Removed option to "View as album covers"

Of note: we've started rolling out this update to users in segments. If you're not yet being prompted to update your Spotify app please remain calm and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times; you should get the update soon!

We have also posted an update with some of the changes that we're making, based on your feedback.

If you have additional suggestions please make sure to check our Spotify Ideas section. Many suggestions have already been made and could use your vote.

Community Ergo Sum
87 Replies

What just happened? Spotify lost album view? Font size is fixed for those with limited eyesight?

Why remove good things when making new versions instead of leaving them in?

Proxy settings as far as apps are concerned are broken in the last version (0.9.0.128), as attested by users in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Mac-Windows-0-9-0-128-Apps-can-t-connect-...

Thanks for fixing this.

Follow me

Please bring back album view!

Thanks

The new font looks absolutely horrible. Why do you people need to be so consistent with idiotic updates that aren't needed? One would think that you learned something last time you caused a riot here on the forums, but no.

Can anyone link the guide on how to revert back to an old version? Seems like I need to do this AGAIN. Spotify really need to set a better standard for their developers.

This may help some of you with windows who wish to workaround the update and use a previous functioning Spotify client. I downloaded an old version (0.8.5.1356) from here:

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/11842/  

(thanks to AbsolutelyNoFB)

and then used this

Go to C:/Users/<Name>/Appdata/Roaming/Spotify

1. Make a new empy text file

2. Name it Spotify_new.exe

3. Right click the file and make the file read only

1. Make a new empty text file

2. Name it Spotify_new.exe.sig

3. Right click the file and make the file read only

Spotify will not be able to update because it can't delete the files, because they are read only, all future upgrades will fail.

This method is easy to use and permanent.

(Many thanks to skomes)

It all seems to work just fine so far. I'm not very computer savvy but managed to work it out. I feel like i've been in a battle of wills. I guess the battle is won but not the war. Hopefully all the messages will have some positive effect.

Has anybody been following up on the slow-to-load problem and/or other application hangs? I saw somewhere else that this was the thread in which to post those sorts of problems. I'm running 0.9 something, Windows 7, SP1, dual core, 4gb ram. Quite consistently, I get this:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: spotify.exe
Application Version: 0.9.0.117
Application Timestamp: 51667286
Hang Signature: c58e
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: c58e6b17f3044071891ff1cdfd5f1fe5
Additional Hang Signature 2: 817a
Additional Hang Signature 3: 817abf148b46b7446da05af0938621c5
Additional Hang Signature 4: c58e
Additional Hang Signature 5: c58e6b17f3044071891ff1cdfd5f1fe5
Additional Hang Signature 6: 817a
Additional Hang Signature 7: 817abf148b46b7446da05af0938621c5

Sometimes it will just work itself out on its own. Othertimes, it requires a force quit and will then work on reloading the application. And yes, I have made sure that spotify is ignored by my virus software and allowed by my firewall. Hardware acceleration is turned off in options. My spotify is not linked to facebook or anything else. Local file folders are deselected in preferences too.

Any other suggestions? Is this a known bug?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Hey all,

Since we're getting a lot of feedback from you guys on 0.9.0 it's best if we keep it all in one place. Please continue to let us know what you think over here and we'll be able to make sure it all gets passed on.

We're also keeping that thread updated with any changes we're making and links to where you can give us more feedback.

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

We are in the process of updating the desktop app for everyone. You can read and discuss in here now.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts