Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.12

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.12

ReleaseNotesDesk.jpg

What's new in this version (0.9.12)

• Moved Discover from the side menu into Browse
  • Fictitious: All backend changes were done by Mr. Schrödinger, and they weren't.

Important to note

• -
Community Ergo Sum
17 Replies

Yeah, I barely use the Discover feature. Better off hidden.

A big step done.

Since today you can display in your public profile your 50 first public playlists in the same order as you range them in your left column.

It's still limited to 50 BUT at least now you can decide the way you want them to appear to your followers.

Next step more than 50 ? 🙂

http://www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What happened to the short preview-play feature?

This would let me see if I have any interest in listening to an artist,  (i.e.) Is it something I'm likely to I hate or not, Is it something I want to influence future suggested music and whatnot I really Liked discover and I'm fine with it being hidden away in the browse tab/app or whatever.

But - previewing a song without getting pulled out of a playlist I'm listening too is something I enjoyed and it seems broken or missing What's up with that? Please put it back = at least as an selectable option.

Really missing the preview feature. It was really convenient to be able to see if I liked something before it got added into the algorithm that gives those same discove recommendations which are based on things recently played. And thats not to mention being able to go back to the currently playing track.

Since when can we no longer order search results? How incredibly lame...

I'm asking about the preview feature going missing, it's gone on my iPhone too since the move.

Search results haven't been sortable for a good few releases brudy. Although if you search using "spotify:search:yoursearch" that will give you sortable results.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Wow, that is incredibly lame! Why would they take away something like sorting? Was that done on purpose or was it an accident?

Update came out this morning to v0.9.13. Don't see any visible changes at this stage, was this a bug fix update?

@Swanny wrote:

Update came out this morning to v0.9.13. Don't see any visible changes at this stage, was this a bug fix update?

Seems that Spotify Connect support for the desktop is finally here! (for me anyway)

I can now control the desktop application from the iOS app! Doesn't appear to work the other way around though, not that should be a huge deal though. Good to see it finally here.

@Swanny Cool, i'm still waiting for the "update" message. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hello Can you give us a screen shot of the new version with the connect feature on the desktop app please? So I can safely talk about it. 🙂

I got the update to 0.9.13.24 last week, but there are no signs of a Spotify Connect feature for me (in combination with the latest Android app). Maybe it's a serverside change? 

For me neither 🙂 I'd really like to see a bi-directional Connect feature (iphone/iPad-Desktop) though.

Interesting. Hum.

@Matze wrote:

I got the update to 0.9.13.24 last week, but there are no signs of a Spotify Connect feature for me (in combination with the latest Android app). Maybe it's a serverside change? 

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if it was a server-side change, but just seemed coincidental that the update came out and then that suddenly popped up for me.

New release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts