Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar Playlist is not updating today (friday)

Release Radar Playlist is not updating today (friday)

Release Radar Playlist is supposed to update on fridays, but it didn't. Yesterday the counter inside the release playlist said it is 6 days old, but for real it is now (friday here) at 7 days and would be updating on saturday what makes no sense at all. 

I already signed out and in again and restartet Spotify a few times. 

Perhaps a server problem?!? 

Thanks for an answer in advance!

23 Replies

My RR has not been updated either 😞 

Feels good not to be the only one. ^^

Same here, it hasn't updated yet - I look forward every Thursday night / Friday morning to hearing the latest playlist!

Same as me.

Same 😞 it says mine last updated on the 5th May (Saturday) so my working theory is it'll update on friday/saturday midnight. 

That is a possibillity, but then the whole RR list doesn't make sense anymore, because of the "friday new tracks release dates".

Same for me. I also experienced and reported the "double update" problem, which saw Release Radar and Discover Weekly getting updated regularly on friday and monday, but after one day, getting another update. This time nothing happened to Release Radar, i'm afraid the same thing is gonna happen with Discover Weekly...i also contacted Spotify Cares, but i got no response for now, and it's weird, because they usually respons in an half hour-an hour...

Oh really? That is something interesting to know with the double update etc. 

Doesn't the Spotify crew read this blogs at all? I mean if not we probably should tell them elsewhere?! I really hope they will fix this one day mistake. 😧 

Posted in the other thread about this - but yeah my RR is not updating either, despite it being almost 24 hours since midnight Friday. What's strange is I got a Spotify email about the new RR including mentions of some of the new music that'd be there and yet the actual RR in the Spotify client is stuck on "7 days" ago and hasn't updated. RR was even recommended to me in the Spotify browser, as though it had updated but it hasn't. Given the number of people this is affecting it looks like a problem on Spotify's end.

Hopefully one of the Spotify team can respond here and let us know what's happening.

Just to update this and confirm my RR just updated listing "12 minutes" ago in the Spotify client, meaning whatever is happening has been resolved now. Check your RR!

I also received the update at exact midnight. Maybe posticipated after the "double updates" problem? Well, better than nothing, just hope no problem now with Discover Weekly.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me - last Friday my Release Radar updated as normal, but this week it didn't.

Looking at it on my phone, the date on the playlist was 5th May (Saturday).  I waited until midnight this morning and as soon as it turned 12am my playlist updated.  But this week's list is now dated 12th May so I am guessing that next week it again won't update until Saturday.

Basically the problem is that Spotify have dated the playlist incorrectly since last week, and I assume there is something which makes it wait a full 7 days before updating, hence it being 24 hours late.

The problem hasn't been resolved in any way. The RR playlist is still updating from Friday night to saturday morning and that is wrong, because it has to update from Thursday to Friday night. I have still the same problem.

I wish mine was just a day late.  My Release Radar is last updated 15 days ago!  Disover Weekly didn't update last Monday, either.  Spotify claims they can't help by triggering an update.

This stinks.

That doesn't sound very promising at all. But your case makes me think about why they have you waiting for so long?! Seems fishy. So you already signed out and in again and looked for an update in the software? Or perhaps uninstall and installed again?

I logged out, logged in, unfollowed the playlists and logged out and then back in, tried the web player, and also logged in from a computer that I had never before used for Spotify.  I then checked in the Android app. Playlists aren't updated anywhere using any method and there's no indication when or if they will be. 

Not fun.

Was worried reading the comments here, but just checked and my RR updated 20 hours ago so therefore updated on time this week.

I think this might be an issue affecting a small percentage of users (though I was among the users affected last week, my RR updated almost 2 days late) and that might be why Spotify isn't actioning this. I do hope it's resolved for everyone soon.

I think Spotify need to comment on this because it has been an issue for over a week now, affecting multiple playlists. Hopefully they'll say something.

I have a little fear, that they don't care because not enough people have the issue. My playlist hasn't updated yet, will be saturday again I guess. *ugh*

I, once again, got a double updated friday/saturday and monday/tuesday for Release Radar and Discover Weekly....

Suggested posts