Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

''Release Radar'' playlist doesn't wanna update

''Release Radar'' playlist doesn't wanna update

Hi. Just as the title or whatever ~ The release radar playlist wont update. Usually it updates at 00:00 right when the clock changes to the next day but not this time. Release radar is my favorite playlist btw. Any solutions on how to fix it? I read some possible ''solutions'' but it didn't do anything.

14 Replies

Hey @Boomer112

Are you still having trouble getting the playlist to update?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yup. It's the same with the Discover weekly playlist. It's monday and still hasn't updated.

Hey @Boomer112

Sorry for the late reply.

Any updates this week? Do you see a new Release Radar and Discover Weekly?

MattSudaSpotify Star

I don't know to be honest. I'm confused now because discover weekly updated 10 hours ago which i think is correct. I'll have to see on friday if release radar updates correctly.

Glad to hear your Discover Weekly updated. 

Your Release Radar should have updated last Friday (a few days ago). Did that update or not? If not see if it updates this upcoming Friday.

Not sure what went wrong that it hasn't updated in the past, but make sure to actively use your account as Spotify needs to analyze your playback data to make these song recommendations. If you stop using Spotify for 1-2 weeks then you might have to actively listen for a while before more recommendations can be made.

MattSudaSpotify Star

My release radar updated 2 days ago which wasn't on friday so i'll see if it updates this upcoming friday. And i actually use Spotify daily so it shouldn't get desynced or whatever.

Alright, glad to hear your release radar playlist updated too.

Just post back here if these playlists stop updating again and I can help troubleshoot how to solve this problem. Since you said you are actively using your Spotify account, then we can cross that off the list of possible causes.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yeah ok!

I have the same problem - it's Friday and my Release Radar hasn't updated yet (on my web browser and my mobile app). I've tried:

-refreshing, logging out/in, closing my web browser and restarting

-clearing my browser cache/cookies

-using a new browser (chrome/firefox)

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXbtDc3il2PJd4

Same issue for me 😞 My Release Radar playlist is stuck on "6 days" ago when it should say 7 given we're 5 hours past midnight Friday now. Didn't update. This has never happened before, and I'm quite the heavy user of Spotify (have Premium) and have been using it quite regularly recently, so don't believe that to be the cause. Tried logging in and logging out, reloading/reopening the Spotify client and even system rebooted.

Anyone else having this issue? Possible solutions?

I still have the same problem... My discover weekly updated correctly but it also updated on tuesday again which is really weird. Maybe it's because my account it through facebook? I mean this is the first time i've had this issue so i don't know if facebook is the problem.

I still have the same problem 😞

Same here 😞 The playlist was about 2 days late updating last week and hasn't updated again today. 

I'm a daily Premium user and have tried all the refreshes etc suggested with no luck...

Just checked my Release Radar. It still contains tracks from over two weeks ago.

It last updated 20th April (over a month ago).

Suggested posts