Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove from startup

Solved!

Remove from startup

Spotify automatically starts up when I turn my computer on. How do I stop that? I am using windows 7 os.

169 Replies

Thanks for this remedy, which did not work and the other options with preferences and msconfig also do not prevent Spotify from opening automatically. I just want to use Spotify when i choose not as a default start up with Windows..Does anyone in the Spotify community have a solution preventing auto start up with Win 7 pro?

The solution that worked for me was to:
1) Go into Spotify settings and disable BOTH 'advanced options' for 'Open
Spotify Automatically after you Log into the Computer' and 'Allow Spotify
to be opened from the web'.
2) Completely uninstall Spotify.
3) Reboot
4) Re-install Spotify
5) Run/open Spotify and immediately, before closing, go into 'Advanced
settings' and make sure both the 'Open Spotify Automatically after you Log
into the Computer' and 'Allow Spotify to be opened from the web' are
disabled
6) Close Spotify
7) Restart computer to 'test' that Spotify does not 'automatically' startup
at login.
😎 If you want to 'Allow Spotify to be opened from the web', then manually
create/place a shortcut to the 'SpotifyWebHelper.exe' located
in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

Hope this helps! -JT

Just choose "do not open spotify on startip" and also uncheck d item "allow d web to open spotify", then close spotify and run it again. U do not have to uninstall it. This solution worked for me.

I solved this by disabling Open Spotify after you log into your computer (set to No) AND Allow Spotify to be opened from the web under Preferences... > Advanced Settings.

If you don't disable the second one, the process called SpotifyWebHelper.exe is launched at startup and for some reason it decides it's time to launch Spotify too.

Yes this will prevent you from opening Spotify links (you can still see them in your browser) but I guess this will be sorted out at some point.

This is super cumbersome. There's a much easier solution

To any concerned, the problem seems to have resolved itself for me. All I ever did was change the one setting (not the play from internet setting--I left it enabled). Since then, it has taken effect. Maybe there was an update in the interim that fixed it? I'm too lazy to go check my current version number...

Renaming the program is not a proper way to remove Spotify at startup: you will have to repeat that operation each time you upgrade spotify, as long you have the parameter "start spotify at startup" set to yes in the advanced configuration. This option should not be in the advanded configuration, it should be more accessible.

Disregard, this fix does not work.

**bleep** the spotify app. If I can't get it to stop starting on boot, it's not worth the disk space on my system.

Get your **bleep** together, spotify devs. This is idiotic.

I found a setting inside SApotify not to start on boot up. that helped.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Please try to head to the desktop app's Settings > Startup and Window Behaviour > Open Spotify automatically after you log in to computer > select 'No'.

If that doesn't work, please try:

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts