Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removed Essential Features

Removed Essential Features

Why would spotify remove essential features from their desktop app UI?  to try and make it sleeker? It looks like garbage now!  You cant change the playlist picture, or sort and filter playlists.  Those are EXTREMELY basic features for a music app that they must bring back, the old UI was perfectly fine, dont break whats not fixed!  
Fix this update, or I will cancel my premium subscription, it is not worth paying for an app that doesnt work.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify.PNG
7 Replies

Hey there @bclatt1

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. 

We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Why am i selected out of my friends to have my spotify broken? I want off that list because this new UI is garbage.

To further add on to this, 'add to queue' button when right clicking is no longer first. Instead it is now 'start radio'. Add to queue was used while radio was not.

I agree.  I do not care for the recent interface changes I received.  Please change it back. 

On playlists-I want the old view that shows when a song was added and the ability to sort. 

Yesterday and today-every time I open spotify on my desktop, I have to uninstall and re-install to see my friends feed. 

Please change the interface back. I do not like the playlist view. I want to see when songs were added. I do not have the filters at the top to sort by. This are the main reasons I pay for spotify.

I cannot select all, or use the shift button to select a bunch of songs to add to a playlist. I have to add each song one by one-time consuming.

Each time I open spotify on desktop, I have to uninstall and re-install to see friends feed. When I go to preferences, it says friends feed there but its not. I cannot change the size of the window on the side like I used to.

These changes are not user friendly and Im very disappointed. These are the main features why I pay for spotify.

Please change it back.

Thank you

Basically my desktop version is now behaving like mobile version-which I don't care for.

The previous desktop features were way better.
I don't think I will use spotify as much and I will not recommend if the features are not added back.

Why is Spotify INTENTIONALLY making its user interface terrible? It makes no sense. Even the rewind/forward buttons don't work anymore. Also no more play history? WHY? Why would you even think this was a good idea Spotify? Terrrible. I can't believe you would do this, especially not to paid subscribers.

Suggested posts