Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing a song from a repeating queue

Removing a song from a repeating queue

Hi guys

When I play a new album, I listen to it on repeat until I absorb it.  As I get familiar with songs, I delete them from the queue.  That way I can absorb the unfamiliar songs more quickly.

Problem is, Spotify reaches the end of the album, reloads it (because it's on "repeat"), but reloads the entire album, instead of just the songs that I haven't already removed.

Here's my question: how do keep an album on repeat while maintaining the ability to remove songs from the queue?

Thank you!

Greg

3 Replies

Hi Greg, thanks for your question! Unfortunately, this is not currently possible directly through the queue. I usually end up saving particular tracks from an album to a playlist if I don't necessarily want to listen to everything on the album in a given session, so what you could do in your case would be to add an entire album as a playlist, keep it on repeat, and then just delete the songs from the playlist itself as you are finished with them. If you do that, they'll be removed from the queue as well during your repeat listening sessions.

Also, you might submit this as an idea for other users to vote and comment on.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Any time, happy to help!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts