Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Request: Extend Blocked artists to songs they have collaborated on.

Request: Extend Blocked artists to songs they have collaborated on.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

The Artist blocking feature is quite useful in keeping stuff I never want to hear away from me, but there's a small crack in the wall - eg: I like old Queen music,  the new stuff with Adam Lambert on vocals I have zero interest in, but due to the like of the original Spotify keeps recommending me it. I have blocked Adam Lambert as an artist (via my iphone app, there should be a way to do this on the desktop app but that another issue), but the collaborative songs with both Queen and Adam Lambert are still showing up in my Release Radar etc.

Please tweak the app so that ALL songs involved with a blacklisted artist are hidden.

NMN

1 Reply

Hey there @N_M_N,

Thank you for your post.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify features like you wish to do at the moment. 

If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

There's currently an idea - [Desktop][Other] Block Artists feature on desktop. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts