Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverse order playlist filter no longer available?

Solved!

Reverse order playlist filter no longer available?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

ASUS Zenbook (laptop)

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Now the Spotify desktop app has changed to 'Spotify Premium' I cannot seem to order my playlist from newest song to oldest? When I select 'date added' as an order, it only sorts them from oldest/first added to the newest at the end (meaning I can't play my newest song onwards as I usually do).

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, I think I see what has happened. When fullscreen on the app the 'connect with Facebook - friend's activity' appears on the right and seemingly can't be minimised when in fullscreen on the desktop app (I'm logged in with my Facebook account so I am not sure why it is there, but that's a separate issue).

With the side pop-up, the 'date added' column disappears and only reappears with an unobstructed fullscreen.

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Hey @Chichaldo

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Changing your subscription is usually not expected to lead to changes of the desktop app, so we suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app as a first step. This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue.   

If this persists after the clean reinstall it's a good idea to clean up the hosts file on your PC. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

This response is not his issue. I've been a premium subscriber for many years any from what I can tell the recently added filter by decending order has been taken away. So now when I want to listen to most my most recently added songs I have to scroll to the very bottom of my 600 song playlist.

Hi there @cstocker13,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. You can still sort your playlists by date (either oldest to newest or newest to oldest) by clicking on the words Date Added on top of that column directly, instead of selecting it from the drop down menu.

We hope this helps. Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

Ah, I think I see what has happened. When fullscreen on the app the 'connect with Facebook - friend's activity' appears on the right and seemingly can't be minimised when in fullscreen on the desktop app (I'm logged in with my Facebook account so I am not sure why it is there, but that's a separate issue).

With the side pop-up, the 'date added' column disappears and only reappears with an unobstructed fullscreen.

This is right, I have been a premium subscriber for some time now too. I thought the desktop app name changed to 'Spotify Premium' itself.

I have posted the solution for my issue, not sure if the Facebook connection pop-up is removing the 'date added' column for spatial reasons for you as well. I went out of full screen and could drag it so that the Facebook connection pop-up itself is minimised and brings the 'date added' column back.

Hey @Chichaldo,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that you could sort it out. Keep in mind that the smaller the Spotify app window is, the less columns will show up. It's not necessary to switch the app to full screen to be able to find the Date Added column - you can just enlarge the window a bit until it appears.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

Hi, the 'date added' text has completely disappeared since the desktop update. Can you tell me how I can sort on recently added? I don't want to scroll down 100's of songs everytime...

Hi there @thijsbroekkamp,

Thank you for your your post in this thread.

You should be able to sort from date added.

If you can't see that it would be great if you could send us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

thijsbroekkamp_0-1618474305156.png

I included a screenshot!

Hey @thijsbroekkamp,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the screenshot.

Could you let us know if all your personal playlists, as well as the Spotify-created playlists look like that on your end? We'd also like to know if your Made for You playlists, like Discover Weekly, look like that too and don't have the Date Added column.

We'd also like to know the make, model and OS version of your device.

Additionally and if possible, could you try on a different PC or laptop and let us know if the same happens there?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hey @CarlosE,

Thank you for your help and expedient responses thus far, just a quick related question.

Is there a way I can remove this 'Friend's activity' pop-up on the right without opting in for the feature?

(on the right)(on the right)

Cheers.

Hi again @Chichaldo,

Thank you for your reply and screenshot.

Just to confirm from your screenshot since we can see Date added, is this from another PC?

You should be able to go to Settings > Display > See what your friends are playing and toggle it off.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes it is on all playlists, OS is windows 10

There seems to be a lot of functionality gone. I can no longer change the order of the cue either? That is greyed out.
Another weird thing, if I go to an artist page and click on a album, then go back to artist page, that album has disappeared. I tried it out and clicked all the albums and went back until there were no more albums at the artist page....

Hey @thijsbroekkamp

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind sending another screenshot or a video where we can see these issues you mention? 

This will help us investigate further and give you better suggestions. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Jeremy, 

That worked perfectly, thanks.

I am still using the same desktop, I could always see the 'date added' drop-down but that only sorted the playlist into oldest > newest whereas the column 'date added' appears once the 'see what your friends are listening to' disappears that allows you to have your playlist display as newest > oldest.

Hey @Chichaldo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that you're now able to sort your playlists correctly. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, I have the same problem.

1.) I want to confirm it's possible to select "Date Added" in the dropdown.

2.) However, it's not possible to change the order (ascending/descending).

3.) Turning off the friends' feed helps, but it's a bit sad that one has to turn off friends' feed to be able to change the order.

I don't see this issue as resolved. I hope someone will fix this issue in a future update!

Thank you 🙂

Hey @Scientia669,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We'd suggest you give the steps @Ivan mentioned a go to see if anything changes.

If possible, it's a good idea to try on a different PC or laptop.

If there are no changes, could you send us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I don't think it's a bug or anything like that. It's just that the UI is not providing that option. I've attached a screenshot. Normally, you click on the column to switch between the order (ascending/descending). But when you select the column via dropdown (what you have to do when the friends' feed on the right is active), naturally, you can't do that. 

screenshot.png

Suggested posts