Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Revert 'Favorite Songs' back to 'Songs'

Revert 'Favorite Songs' back to 'Songs'

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I would love it if favorite songs would be reverted back to songs. I hate seeing that heart everywhere and would rather see the '+' sign.

27 Replies

Spotify has now changed the title of this playlist from Starred, to Songs, to Favorite Songs, and it's visual indicators from stars, to checkmarks, to hearts. The only effect has been inconveniencing users.

But this is really lame!

Does this mean my "added to library" list and my "favourite's" list have now been combined?

This makes browsing for music and saving favourite music and artists more complicated than it was before.

Other music services use the same symbol to denote "favourite" songs - even if the services function differently to Spotify (e.g. Last.fm and Pandora), which just makes spotify seem like it's trying to follow those services instead of blaze its own great trail - like I know it has been for many years. It just de-legitimizes Spotify as an authority for managing and accessing music. 😞

The heart icon is gaudy and childlike. I want to be able to "favourite/like" songs and also - seperately - add them to my library. They serve 2 seperate functions.

PLEASE stop treating the rest of us music-lovers like children! The service was working just fine before!

Looks like they reverted it to the way it was a few days ago, going by my Windows-Store-automatically-updated client.

A very wise decision in this case. The sudden appearance of the "hearts" and the (apparent) removal of the ability to save songs and albums to your library (hey, you just LOVE them all now right! Right???) was up there with the dumbest of dumb things that have made it througb to a retail release, and obviously designed by someone who hasn't got the slightest clue about the actual customer base Spotify has.

Yeah, sorry, that sounds harsh, but this was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen imposed on a product used by tens of millions of people.

Spotify, you have Coke. Don't do Classic Coke again, ever.

I can confirm that it has reverted for both my PC's now, thankfully.

I think Spotify would benefit from having a beta branch that users can download and give feedback on rather than forcing major changes (yes major as it completely changed the way I favourite/like/listen to mustic)

Did anyone else lose a bunch of songs that they didn't favorite or have on a playlist?

How did you revert it?

Sometimes I’m convinced the devs at Spotify just listen to music in an entirely different way than most music lovers. I mean, *obviously* it doesn’t make any sense to have every single song in your library be labeled as a “favorite song.” That just simply isn’t how a personal music library works. 

Glad they’ve switched back for now.

I hate you and your copy paste generic replies. 

Suggested posts