Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[SOLVED] Songs won't download for offline use

Solved!

[SOLVED] Songs won't download for offline use

Hi, I'm using the spotify app version 1.1.63.568 on windows 10. For some reason my songs have stopped downloading. If I add a song to a playlist marked as download for offline, the song starts downloading but it never finishes. Files that were already downloaded are still available offline though.

I have a family plan. 

I've also tried the following:

+ Restarting the spotify app

+ Uninstalling / reinstalling the spotify app

+ Unmark the playlist for download, then mark it again (it will remove all downloaded songs then start the infinite download process).

+ Checked the internet connection (everything works)

+ Checked the forum for similar issues, none of the one I saw helped for my issue. 

+ Also, there is plenty of space on my hard drive 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @pyhriel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this and for letting us know that it got sorted out.

We don't officially support VPNs as they can interfere with the app's optimal performance. In this case, we suggest that you turn it off while using the app. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies

My mistake.

Had an active VPN that seemed to cause the issue.

Marked as solution

Hi there @pyhriel,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this and for letting us know that it got sorted out.

We don't officially support VPNs as they can interfere with the app's optimal performance. In this case, we suggest that you turn it off while using the app. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts