Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same song comes up every time I open Spotify

Same song comes up every time I open Spotify

Opening Spotify comes up with the same song every time, with the same shuffle on my playlist. The only time I have found it changing is if I explicitly close Spotify before turning my computer off. 

Version: 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f

I've had the issue for at least a few months but it didn't really bother me enough to open an issue report until I saw someone else with the same problem. I've re-installed a few times between when I first noticed this and now, so I don't think a fresh re-install will fix it.

9 Replies

I'm struggling with this problem for like two months now, and it really bothers me, it's not good everytime i open the app i have to remember what i was listening, i hope they fix that quick

I'm having the same issue where the same songs are playing over and over again.   I listen up to 9 hours in a day and its driving me nuts.   I pay good money and want this taken care of

Yeah, have experienced this on my iOS app too, I usually select a random song and press shuffle again, does work sometimes. But shuffle play always repeats the order of songs every day, barely get to listen to recently added tracks or the very old tracks 

I’m going to be cancelling my subscription if it continues. Not worth the $

Yes you're not alone, this happens to me too.  I've just learned to live with it, presumed it must have been intentional.  Would be great if this could be fixed.

Hey everyone, thanks for writing!

@Jollof, could you open the Run window by pressing Windows+R, paste the route "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\" (without the quote marks), click on "Ok" and delete the Spotify folder you should find on the folder that pops up?

Try opening Spotify after doing that and let us know if it helps. Keep in mind that you'll most likely need to resync all your downloaded songs. @ShaveTheRabbit@Kimrhod and @Sleepyest - it'd be awesome if you could also give it a go and share your findings.

@jaikaran1997, it looks like you're referring to our Shuffle feature. We’d love to hear your feedback here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Implement-an-actual-shuffle-function/idc-p/128618....

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

@JulianA_BogotaHello, I'll try that when i get home from work and i'll let you know if it works, thank you for the tip!

Hey @Sleepyest.

Sounds good. be sure to keep us posted on the results. 

Anyone else in this thread having this issue, try the steps @JulianA_Bogota suggested to see if they help.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey guys,

Since there haven't been more posts about this, we moved this topic back to the Help section. If anyone is still experiencing this issue, please send us over the following:

Device

OS and version

Spotify version

Thanks!

Suggested posts