Save Button Not Working

Solved!

Save Button Not Working

cnjrules

After a recent update the Save button no longer works.  I click Save on an album and the icon for each track doesn't change.  When I check "Your Music" the album is not there.  Has anyone else come across this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Save Button Not Working

ginosic
Casual Listener
Hey alcumming,

It's kind of a workaround, but there is.
Go to your songs list, select them all and place them in a new playlist.
Then go to the playlist and the total number of songs will be in its info.
After that, just delete the playlist if you wish.

=]

23 Replies

lewiselement
Music Fan

Getting this too, definitely havent hit the 10k song limit either.

Tweak47
Regular

Yes I have this problem as well

JCGull

I have the same problem, albums won't save and under my albums nothing, message fails to load

zzzombie
Regular

I also realised, about a week ago, that the Save button wasn't working. So instead I've been using the button right next to it: ...More > Save. I used this technique with several albums yesterday only to find out today, annoyingly, that only one EP was actually added to my "Your Music".

Also thanks lewiselement, I had no idea there was a 10k limit on the number of songs! A lot of angry people have aired their grievances here, with absolutely no response from Spotify at all!:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/44788/page/1#comme...

I think Spotify should have a duty to make people aware of this before they subscribe.

commanderswain

Yeah my save buttons are intermittent at the moment. A lot seem to have reset from the last update maybe? I keep coming across albums I've definitely saved tracks from, which no longer have any ticks against the tracks. Now it seems when I click the tick it doesn't automatically register. It will sometimes take 3 or 4 attempts at saving it til a tick appears. I also get a variance in where I click the the save button. For instance, I've just clicked the plus symbol in the album artwork area in the bottom left of the desktop player, and it's registered a tick, but the corresponding track in the album on the right hand side, doesn't have a tick. This can often be the same when going between a specific album page, and then out again to the artists album list. Tick in one place, but then not the other. It's pretty annoying, especially considering this is what's replaced the starring, which I never had a problem with and wish was brought back.

SkyLineGT_R34
Regular

Hi, I am experimenting this issue for a while (at least since 2-3 updates). The "save" button relative to each album is not working: when pressed, it soon reverts to its original state, instead of presenting the "Saved" label.

I'm not able to save any album anymore...I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible!

Instructio5

Yup, same issue here: saved songs appearing not to be saved (still with the plus icon, no tick), having to click save several times to save an album.

zzzombie
Regular

I'm now almost certain that these 2 problems are related. When you have too many songs saved to Your Music, the Save button ceases to function. Mine hadn't even reached the much-discussed 10,000 limit, but I found that after I'd removed several albums the Save button started working again.

It's extremely annoying. If Spotify won't increase the 10,000-song limit, why can't they just be upfront about it? It would save a lot of stress if you get an alert message when you reach the limit; something like: "Your Music has now reached the maximum number of songs available. You can no longer save any more music unless you remove some first".

Peter__
Community Legend
Yeah, after playing about with it the limit isn't 10,000 tracks but 10,000 items which really gives you less than 10,000 tracks since an "album" save counts as one + all of the tracks on that album I think.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS