Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

Solved!

Saved Songs No Longer Appear in Artists Section; Bug Or By Design?

At some point, presumably due to an update, the Artists section under Your Library stopped displaying all the artists whose music I have saved, and now only those I have followed appear.

Furthermore, when I now click on those artists I am taken to their page, whereas before it would show me a list of all the music I had saved. I've checked and all the music is still saved, so why is the Artist tab now acting like this?

I've tried re-installing on desktop and that did nothing, but rolling back to a previous version on Android fixed the problem, so I'm worried that this is in fact something the devs have intentionally done, for some bizarre reason.

EDIT: I've just rolled back to a previous version on Windows and now the saved songs are appearing as they should, but I'm still only seeing Artists I've followed displaying, not everyone I've saved music by.

EDIT 2: Why has this problem been marked as solved when the 'solution' just says 'lol you cant do that anymore soz'. That's like a hospital considering a surgery successful because the patient died and is therefore no longer suffering from their malady.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @roblikesmusic.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It currently isn't possible to listen to saved songs by specific artist in the new Your Library. There is an existing idea in the Community where you can vote to bring back this feature - just head over here.

The 'Liked Songs' playlist will appear when you start saving individual songs to Your Library. If you save an entire album, whether it's an LP, EP or a single, then this will appear under Albums.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Hey @roblikesmusic

This is currently expected since the last update. We're always making changes to give the best overall experience possible, but this of course means that some features may be removed. For the same principle, features may also be re-added in the future. 

For now, you can follow the artists you like, and if you're in a playlists such as your 'Liked Songs' and want to find saved tracks based on artists, you can press the 3 dots for more options and then search for the artist to find them. Or if you're on desktop, you can sort your saved songs by 'Artists'. 

There is an idea regarding the changes on Library here, so feel free to add your +Vote there if you agree with the topic. 

Let us know if there's anything else!

@Jemi thank you for the reply, please explain to me how I can listen to only the saved songs by a specific artist like I could before through the Artists tab. Also, what exactly is the point of the Artists tab, now, if all it does it take me to the artist's page like a simple search would have done, previously?

I don't have the 'Liked Songs' playlist as far as I can see, and filtering my saved songs under the Songs tab doesn't work because it includes all bands/artists/songs with the same word, so I'd love to know how exactly this is giving me the 'best overall experience' when literally all the update has done is make it more complicated and in fact seemingly impossible to listen to my music the way I want to and easily could before.

Marked as solution

Hey @roblikesmusic.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It currently isn't possible to listen to saved songs by specific artist in the new Your Library. There is an existing idea in the Community where you can vote to bring back this feature - just head over here.

The 'Liked Songs' playlist will appear when you start saving individual songs to Your Library. If you save an entire album, whether it's an LP, EP or a single, then this will appear under Albums.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi @Peter,

I'm going to remain polite but I need to tell you I am so sick to the back teeth of companies like Spotify telling me they're offering a more 'streamlined experience' when in reality all they are doing is removing a bunch of options and restricting the ways I can use their service, for no good reason.

I've already voted on all the ideas to fix this horrible update, because I am not exaggerating when I say the way Spotify now works makes it literally useless to me, so if it isn't resolved I will have no choice but to take my business elsewhere. I really don't want to do that, because Spotify is genuinely a great service otherwise, but I cannot see the point in paying for something I can no longer use.

Hey @roblikesmusic.

Thanks for your feedback - we hear you 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care!

Bonjour, Pareil pour moi, je trouve complètement inutile d'avoir supprimé les artistes de la bibliothèque ... avant, je pouvais lire uniquement les chansons de l'artiste qui m'intéressaient ... maintenant je ne peux plus : je dois soit enregistrer TOUT l'artiste (même les chansons que je n'aime pas) soit je me retrouve avec une playlist de 2000 chansons "likées" avec tous les artistes mélangés !!! Si cela ne change pas, je vais supprimer mon compte spotify ... car plus aucune utilité !! Très en colère !

This still doesn't help on mobile, if you go to saved songs and filter the list it will show only the songs that match the search but will still play other songs and you can't sort by artist.

Why was the artist view changed?.  I'm on an iPad and now when I select artist from my music it says your favourite artists will appear here, but they never do.  Have you not heard of the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?  Sometimes I think tech developers change things just to justify their existence.

I used the artist page all Te time in the old version, as I have more than one album by many artists and often like to shuffle play them.

Please fix this ASAP.  If you are unwilling to fix it or reply to this post I will cancel my subscription and find another music platform that is more user friendly and flexible.

thanks

Hridayan

"We're always making changes to give the best overall experience possible" - interestingly enough, the aim always seems to be the exact opposite; it appears as if there was a **bleep**ing contest among developers for coming up with the most useless and annoying ideas that users will utterly detest but can't change, just uselessly complain about it here.

But thanks for the link to the "idea" though.

"Sometimes I think tech developers change things just to justify their existence."

Brilliant explanation. This is the most frustrating and useless update I have ever seen and that is coming from a developer.

I always clicked on Artists so I could shuffle all the artists music. I don't have time to sit here and make playlists of artists albums just because you're making illogical updates.

Hear the people, all you have to do is google "spotify update" and all the results are people being irrate. Surely you keep an eye on the app ratings in the Play Store etc.

Searching for an artist in liked songs and shuffling worked on mobile for a while, and now it's broken again...? But shuffling an artist's page still doesn't work? I have a hard time believing this was completely intentional...

I actually learned to prefer the ability to filter liked songs over the earlier system because of songs with feats etc. Earlier if I liked a song by artist A with artist B as a feat because I like artist B, artist A would appear in my artist list. And then I wouldn't even be able to play the song by shuffling B's songs and would essentially have a song I never listen to in my liked songs.

I agree, this is a TERRIBLE update and a huge pain in the **bleep**. Why would you think it's a good idea to remove a feature like this? One that has been a standard among all music apps since DAY ONE. Saving my music library by artist? A NO BRAINER. And, not to mention, force all of your PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS to go back through ALL OF SPOTIFY just to "Follow" an Artist? This is INFURIATINGLY stupid and not at all more "streamlined." I'm more inclined, like I'm sure many others are, to switch to a completely different service provider than to change the way I use your application because you tell me I have to.

This really should have never been taken away in the first place. As a developer myself, this is very poor design. If you've added half of an artists songs and want to listen to ONLY those songs, you now have to make a playlist of ONLY those songs, which clutters up your playlists. I am constantly switching between which artists I'm listening to as well, and this really restricts what I was able to do before. This should be brought back. If you want to maintain the "feature" you have now, where it takes you to the artist page, make it a configuration option that people can turn on if they want that.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the new Your Library experience.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed Your Library was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

To learn more about how the new Your Library works, make sure to have a read of this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this 😉

Yea, sadly we're aware of your "fix," but it's not a fix. You should have just left our Artists lists as they were. How is it making the user experience better or "easier" by completely wiping clean the Artists we ALREADY HAD in our lists? This is stupid. The only fix that's acceptable is for me to open up my Spotify and see my Artists back in my library. This was SUCH a boneheaded update. And your refusal to either accept or acknowledge this is frustrating and disappointing. JUST GIVE US OUR ARTIST LIST BACK. It's not that diffcult to understand. It's likely not even that difficult to reverse. Seeing how that was the standard for years.

Terrible update. You may have fixed something, but you completely destroyed a critical user experience. Previous artist view was far better. Now you've put the burden on me to manually follow every artist in my song library... more work, more difficultly, more pain...

Time to have a talk with your design team and re-evaluate this decision. 

This system is awful. I used to simply press the "Save" button on an album, and then it'd add it to my songs and add the artist to my "Artists" section. After saving a few albums, I would simply either play all songs, or go to the "Artists" section and press play there. All this from one click of a button. Now I have to go follow artists, and save songs individually.

It's absolutely afwul.

I mainly Like a song and after that go to My Library/Artists to find the songs again, with the new update it seperates artists that I follow and the ones I don't, instead showing them I don't follow under "Recommended Artists" and it's a jumbled mess.
I don't want to have them seperated and I don't want to follow every artist of which I like a couple of songs just so it won't be seperated and jumbled.
I was made aware of this change yesterday when I was going for a walk and I couldn't find the artist I was looking for when looking in alphabetical order, then I scroll down and find a huge list of Recommended Artists that's not in alphabetical order. I had to stand there for a minute or two just to find the artist/songs I wanted to play.
If there are people who like this new system then make it an option to NOT seperate artists that you follow and the ones you don't follow in My Library/Artists.

It's just SO ANNOYING. A standard feature on digital music devices for 20 YEARS! The arrogance and conceit of Spotify to assume to just change it. It's an absolutely standard way for accessing the saved songs on your device (Artists/Albums/Songs or Artists/Songs). 

This topic came up at the pub over the weekend and all of the people who had updated (admittedly only 4!) all said how irratating and illogical the change was. I for one have resisted Apple Music despite it being a mild incoveniance to do so on an iPhone but if this isn't sorted ASAP , it's grounds for divorce!! SO ANNOYING 

P.S. please don't bother replying with your irratating standardised responses, I just wanted to vent, I'm aware Spotify doesn't give a ****

Suggested posts