Screen keep going to flicker when I play a song

Country

Switzerland

Device

Dell Latitude 7490

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since today, my two screens keep going to flicker when I start to play a song.

5 Replies

I have the same issue on my Huawei mate P20 😞 just drains my battery

Hey there @Neroptic, @VLA22GRI

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones.

It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. This usually tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Yes, I tried but it didn't help. Screen still flashes if I have Spotify on. 😞

I am having the same issue.  Screen flickers when using Spotify app on iPhone 11 and iPhone 7.  I did perform a clean install on the iPhone 7 (deleted app and redownloaded from the app store).  Same issue.

Hey @johndpeck,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We understand you already reinstalled the app on your devices (kudos for that!); but in these cases it's better to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your devices, so you can be sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. To do it, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage.
  4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

You can perform this on both your devices to see if you notice any difference.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know the exact Spotify version you have running in your devices?

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts