Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scrolling through library sidebar causes UI glitch with menu width

Scrolling through library sidebar causes UI glitch with menu width

I'm really surprised that nobody else has posted this bug. I've been experiencing it across multiple desktop-based installs for at least a couple years.

The problem is concerning the left-most menu section, where all the playlists etc. are displayed.

Absolutely any time that I scroll up or down this section - whether by scrolling the mouse wheel, clicking and dragging with the mouse, or clicking in the dark spaces between the slider - the window goes mental trying to readjust its width.

It's like the window is trying to change its width to what's being displayed within the menu (maybe?), but it doesn't know how to properly calculate it, so it jumps wildly between different sizes.

As well as being annoying, it means you can't click in the dark spaces either side of the slider to jump a ways up or down the list (which is a pretty convenient way to hop down a long library).

Any ideas on this?

8 Replies

I am noticing this too on my macbook. It's adjusting for the size of the name of the playlist and when you hover over playlists or open folders the size of the sidebar is adjusted in a jerky snapping manner.

spotify.gif

Hey there @swanky-n-spanky and @parkerwest,

Thank you for your posts.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It can also be good to test with another internet connection to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Well hey, like I said, it had been happening over multiple installs for a long time.

Also, not sure what the internet connection has to do with the UI functionality... but I've had the same problem across at lest half a dozen different connections.

Anyway, it's fixed now. And by "fixed", I mean, "This stupid new Spotify version now locks the sidebar width to the size of the album, and the app scaling is still broken - meaning that I can either see full playlist titles, or view more than a couple of playlists titles at once, never both."

Can't say it's surprising that Spotify replaced a broken feature with a dysfunctional one. Can't say it's surprising at all.

Hey @swanky-n-spanky,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's also a good idea to try downloading the Spotify app from the Microsoft store. If that doesn't help, you can run the app as an administrator. Are there any changes?

If the issue persists, you can send us a screen recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I also started to experience this bug after the latest update. It happens especially after I try to scroll down in my Library/Liked Songs. Let's say I scrolled down fast and app couldn't retrieve the data , after clicking to a different tab in the app it starts to glitch. If I close and re-open the app it fixes. But it happens again. Sometimes it happens just randomly.

UI Graphical BugUI Graphical Bug
Spotify Version : 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a

Hi there @Nexarmoni,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if the same thing happens if you log in with a different account - such as a friend's or a family member's?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Yes, clean reinstall fixed my problem. Thanks for helping.

Hi there @Nexarmoni,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for your 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts